- Young Leonard & his parents (44 KB)
My Dad about 3 years old along with his parents, Guy & Jane ARMES. Photo taken about 1934/35
- My Grandfather - Guy ARMES (19 KB)
"Grandpap" was a thoroughbred horse trainer/owner, businessman, trucking line owner, farmer, as well as a former jailer at the Breckinridge County Jail.
- Brenda on her pony (45 KB)
At the side of her house in Hardinsburg
- "Miss Annie" (17 KB)
My Great grandmother, "Miss Annie" Morris (Dowell) ARMES was the wife of Nathaniel ARMES. She was b. 30 Jan 1876; d. 22 Feb 1966; married 1 Mar 1894. All events occurred in Breckinridge County
- Old Breckinridge County High School (93 KB)
This is where I went to junior high (1968-1969)
- Guy ARMES on vacation (35 KB)
On a getaway trip to Dale Hollow State Park, Kentucky. Photo taken 1976
- Brenda & Connie ARMES (22 KB)
Brenda (dau of Guy & Jane ARMES) along with cousin, Connie (dau of Russell & Maxine ARMES) are all dressed up to go to the horse races.
- Children of Nathaniel & Annie ARMES (58 KB)
From L to R: Harlan, Vernon, Eula, and Guy.
- Richard O. DAVIS Family (69 KB)
Circa 1918. Front: Richard, Marcus, Nathaniel (Sam); Back: John, Richard O., Mary holding Willard, and Ella
- My Great grandfather - Columbus "Lum" DAVIS (56 KB)
Lum was b. 22 May 1870; d. 30 August 1926. Husband of "Bertie" (Simmons); married 31 May 1898. Father of my Grandmother, Jane (DAVIS)ARMES
- Brenda & Donnie Stinnett (29 KB)
Brenda (ARMES) and her husband Donnie, son of James and Mary Franklin (Smith) Stinnett
- My Grandfather - Guy ARMES (24 KB)
"Grandpap" is standing in front of the fireplace at his home in Hardinsburg, KY. Photo taken 197?
- Mary (Robbins) DAVIS (71 KB)
Mary was the wife of Richard Overton DAVIS (brother of Columbus DAVIS)
- Young Leonard ARMES and Eula (DAVIS) Jolly (63 KB)
This photo was taken in 1939. Leonard was 8 yrs old while Eula was about 36.
- ARMES MOTOR LINE (28 KB)
Russell ARMES standing behind two of the trucks in the fleet
- My Grandmother - Jane (DAVIS) ARMES (40 KB)
Wife of Guy. Grandma was a good mother, good wife, and a GREAT grandmother! She ran the farm when grandpap was away. b. 3 Nov 1911; d. 25 Aug 1975. Married, 24 Dec 1930. This photo was taken about 1974
- Abner Davis (61 KB)
Abner was the brother of my Great grandfather, Lum Davis. Abner was born 14 August 1874; died 16 March 1912
- ARMES - DAVIS Family Reunion (44 KB)
Family reunion in 1967 at Guy & Jane (DAVIS) ARMES' house.
- Young Cowboy - Wendell ARMES (33 KB)
Son of Guy & Jane ARMES
- My Dad - Leonard ARMES (9 KB)
Son of Guy & Jane. Husband of Sylvia (Troxle). b. 31 Oct 1931; d. 28 Apr 1988. Married 29 Jul 1955
- Columbus and Richard (brothers) DAVIS' families (71 KB)
Taken September 1922
- Eula & Willie Jolly (14 KB)
Eula Bettie (DAVIS) b. 13 Feb 1903; d. 4 Jul 1991, was the wife of William Henry Jolly; they married 10 Jan 1938. This photo was taken in 1972
- "Wendell for Jailer" (21 KB)
This business card announced Wendell's intention of running for county jailer. Uncle Wendell was elected for Breckinridge County Jailer and served from 1965 to 1969
- Picnic at Addison Dam (22 KB)
Addison Dam was located near Stephensport, Ky, on the Ohio River in Breckindridge County. Standing is Guy Armes. Seated at left is "unkown". Seated at right of table: (back) Donnie Stinnett, (middle) Willie Jolly, and (front) Russell Armes. In the stroller is Michael Stinnett.
- KY ROOTS (50 KB)
My 1998 Ford Pickup Truck; Beavercreek, OH
- Margaret and JT Driscoll (43 KB)
Margaret (DAVIS), b. 8 Feb 1910; d. 21 Sep 1995, was married to James T. Driscoll; they married 17 Dec 1932 in Hardinsburg, KY. This photo was taken in 1972
- Maxine ARMES (7 KB)
Maxine (Shelton) ARMES is the wife of Russell ARMES
- ARMES House - Hardinsburg, KY (31 KB)
For 60 years this house, located approx 3 miles west of Hardinsburg on Hwy 60, was the home of Guy & Jane Armes, their two sons and their families, and lastly their daughter, Brenda (Armes) Stinnett and her family
- Micajah and Frances Armes (488 KB)
These were my great, great, great grandparents.Micajah's parents were Edward and Miss (McHenry) Arms.Frances (Dowell) was Micajah's third wife. Her previously marriage was to Robert F. Maysey, Jr. who died about 1830.
- Harlan and Neta ARMES (34 KB)
Harlan ARMES was the son of Nathaniel & Annie ARMES. Neta (DAVIS), b. 4 Apr 1901; d. 4 Oct 1992, was the husband of Harlan. Neta's parents were Lum and Bertie DAVIS. This photo was taken in 1972
- Wendell - Brenda - Leonard (26 KB)
This photo was taken in 1972 in the front yard of their parent's (Guy & Jane) house. Family reunions were held here annually.
- "Cow Day" in Breckinridge County (73 KB)
Guy ARMES holding the winning exhibit. Photo taken August 1937
- Picture of ARMES Rd sign near Horsley Chapel (60 KB)
I lived here from Jr. High until I went to college. Nearby farmland had been in my family for nearly 200 years.
- Wendell ARMES pulling horses (40 KB)
Uncle Wendell pulling his horses in the barnyard at his parent's farm in Hardinsburg. Photo taken March 1957
- Me and Chuck Bruington (64 KB)
Friends since 1st grade, we are both nephews of Wendell Armes. This picture taken at Wendell's hideaway ranch 29 Oct 2000.