To my fellow family tree searchers.John M. Arrington e mail email@example.com
My search indicates the enclosed information on Arringtons.There exists books to contrary and folklore of Arringtons coming from Ireland, etc..I think this information is correct at this time unless someone reveals other data.My main obstacles to reaching this conclusion were following;
1. William Arrington first child was Christopher.William will did not mention Christopher.However, when you read Christophers will all enclosed becomes evident and land titles become clear.
2. Arrington England was assumed by many to be where Arrington's came from to America.My research reveals there has never been a person by name of Arrington living there.
3. My research of ship passengers coming to America had to have a name when they went ashore in America.Many did not have a name so they choose one to be registered as required by England at that time.They often would choose the name of the boat they came to America on.Unanswered is question of maybe William was one of those choosing a name?
4. As I follow Arrington tree on other family lines I find that we are all related.Enclose example of this.
5.My direct family really messed up my mind on my origin. All told me I was of English Welch stock.Then I found this German Lady Elizabeth Pedin.Found all origins from the ladies who married Arringtons.
My family found it hard to accept my findings at first until they furnished me information they did not know It explained anything from their records and old bibles.Found that I am of German, Jewish, Indian, Irish, and many more I could not identify.The efforts of past family to establish fashionable family tree caused me lots of dead ends.Did find distant relationship with President Munroe and President Johnson.
6. The finding of so many Ezekiel's first names in my tree caused me to originate I, II, III, and IV.IV was my Dad.All of them always called themselves Zeke.There are several others named Ezekiel that are not in my direct family line. Note that none of them claimed a middle name.
I stand to be corrected here and would like any of you reading this to correct me if you know I am wrong.
Also request of you to send me by letter or e mail you family tree so that I can continue to tie all of us together as cousins.
John M. Arrington
ArringtonF a m i l yin America by John Milton Arrington - a working paper
My Easy Way Out.
When my Dad died in 1980 I inherited a box with pictures, records, and a lot of names I had never heard of.Asking my brothers, aunts, and cousins revealed that each knew a little about my family, but complete
picture wasn't there.
This started me on my research of my Arrington Family, and boy did I find out what a job this can be.I found that each of my living family also wanted to know, so I received a lot of help.Records from family storage came my way, and I listened to rumors of fact and fiction.I kept uncovering many of the females family trees that married my Arrington's.
Wrote to mayor of Arrington, England.Mr. S. J. Wisson, clerk to the Arrington Parish, County of Cambridgeshire, replied that there was no mayor, maybe he could help.My question of where is list of Arrington's that may have migrated to America and origination on Arrington name.Mr. Wisson asked J. M.Farrar, Archivist of County of Cambridgeshire to tell me about Arrington's from England.Mr. Farrar
The earliest known forms of Arrington are Earnningtone (in an Aanglo-Saxon will of c.950), oarningetune andErlingtona (in documents allied to the Domesday Survey) and Erlingtona (in Domesday Book itself,
1086). By the thirteenth century it had virtually acquired its modern form as Aring(e)ton(e).The name can be fairly certainly explained as >the farm of Earn(a)=s people= and thus has an origin closely connected wit