L. Rae Ball of Surrey, B.C. Canada:Information about Dorcas Yelland
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Dorcas Yelland (b. May 25, 1751, d. December 05, 1807)Dorcas Yelland was born May 25, 1751 in St.Stephens in Brannel, and died December 05, 1807.She married George Truscott on March 01, 1774 in St. Veep, Cornwall, son of Lewis Truscott and Ann Harris.
Notes for Dorcas Yelland:
Dorcas had children in several places in Cornwall. A grave stone in the churchyard to the left at the rear of the church has her name and her husband George Truscott with the departing this life dates 180? for her and 1791 for George. Her will says she is the widow of George Truscott an innkeeper and left her son Lewis to take care of accounts."... I give and bequeath all my chattels and whatsoever unto my dear son Lewis of the parish of Mevagissey, Silversmith - Upon trust to pay my just debts and funeral expenses and from and after my expenses then my wish bearing is that the remainder of my property be equally divided among my children share and and share alike."
More About Dorcas Yelland:
Burial: 1807, St Stephen in Brannel.
More About Dorcas Yelland and George Truscott:
Marriage: March 01, 1774, St. Veep, Cornwall.
Children of Dorcas Yelland and George Truscott are:
- +John Truscott, b. August 06, 1777, Langteglos, Cornwall, d. January 30, 1860, Trevarick, St. Austell.
- George Truscott, d. date unknown.
- Lewis Truscott, d. date unknown.
- Richard Truscott, d. date unknown.
- William Truscott, b. January 19, 1781, Lanteglos-by-Fowey, d. date unknown.
- James Truscott, d. date unknown.
- Septimus Truscott, d. date unknown.
- Walter Truscott, d. date unknown.
- Nancy Truscott, b. May 19, 1790, d. date unknown.