George Elonzo Walls Ancestors:Information about Jesse WALLS
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Jesse WALLS (b. December 05, 1785, d. October 1857)Jesse WALLS (son of Thomas WALLS and Mary WALLS) was born December 05, 1785 in , Sussex County, Delaware, USA, and died October 1857 in , Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, USA.He married Leah SALMONS.
Notes for Jesse WALLS:
Walls Genealogy Vol 1 1962 929.273 w159r (Doc # 450)
Listed in Will for Thomas (Doc # 450) 1794 name spelled Jessy
Wanda Young (Doc # 390) Md Leah Salmons and names 11 children with birthdates
One of his descendants is Brooke Anderson (Doc # 464)
Dates, marriage, and children, from Brooke, but she states she has no
clear proof that he is the son of Thomas and Mary Walls
Booke wrote and published a summary of the life of Jesse Walls, according to
information she has been able to find in her research Delaware, Penn.,Ohio
in "Handwriting on the Walls" (Doc # 467/v.11 #1 1997 p 9-12).
Genealogical Notes Sussex and Kent Co, Delaware and Somerset and Worchester Co
MarylandFHL mf 0441429pg 135 under Sussex Wills (470)
Dated Oct 24 1836
Lists willof Keren Shockley and names son-in-law Jesse Walls, is it this
Lewis Keihn "The Walls Family of Delaware" (469) p 29 gives birth and death
dates of Jesse and names of parents and grandparents.
p 42 lists wife and children.States that His home was in Van Wert Co.
Ohio. Speculation that his father was Thomas.No mention of father in
the biography of Jesse included in Bowen's Portrait and Biographical
Record of Allen and Van Wert Counties, Ohio (p 832-3)(Jesse would have
been only 8 yrs old when Thomas died, and thus would not have remembered
a lot about him, and would not have talked about him.
According to the Biography above, Jesse learned the wagon makers trade but did
not work at it exclusively during his life.He married Leah Salmons, also
of Sussex Co Delaware.Jesse bought a farm near New Castle, Pennsylvania.
He served in the War of 1812 as a substitute for Joseph Long. Served in
the Lake Erie area as a fifer.He returned to the farm after the war and
lived there until 1846.The family moved to Van Wert Co., Ohio in 1846.
Jesse purchased a 160 acre farm there.While on a trip to Pennsylvania in
1857 he died and is buried there.His will is recorded in Lawrence Co. Pa.
The Will mentions his wife Leah and all children except Isaac.Leah died
13 Oct 1865. (Doc # 469 p 43)
More About Jesse WALLS:
Record Change: April 01, 2004
Children of Jesse WALLS and Leah SALMONS are:
- Isaac WALLS, b., , , Pennsylvania, USA, d. date unknown.
- Mary WALLS, d. date unknown.
- Elizabeth WALLS, d. date unknown.
- Margaret WALLS, b. February 29, 1808, , , Pennsylvania, USA, d. March 08, 1888.
- Nehemiah WALLS, b. August 19, 1810, , Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA, d. January 10, 1880, , Adams County, Indiana, USA.
- Elenor WALLS, b. October 30, 1813, , , Pennsylvania, USA, d. December 26, 1891, Tully Twp, Van Wert, Ohio, USA.
- Thomas WALLS, b. May 14, 1821, , , Pennsylvania, USA, d. Bef. 1865, , Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, USA.
- John WALLS, b. April 07, 1825, , , Pennsylvania, USA, d. date unknown.
- Jesse WALLS, b. January 14, 1827, , Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA, d. July 18, 1910, Van Wert, Van Wert, Ohio, USA.
- Nancy WALLS, b. 1830, d. date unknown.
- Samuel WALLS, b. December 18, 1834, d. April 24, 1895.