The Families of Lindell & Laura Bowman :Information about Amanda E. LeCroy
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Amanda E. LeCroy (b. January 13, 1825, d. April 18, 1902)Amanda E. LeCroy (daughter of Thomas LeCroy and Sarah) was born January 13, 1825 in Georgia, and died April 18, 1902 in Parker County, Texas(Cox Cemetery).She married Jobe Sosebee, Jr. on October 21, 1849 in Habersham County, Georgia, son of Job Sosebee, Sr. and Elizabeth "Sarah" Tankersley.
Notes for Amanda E. LeCroy:
possibly spelled De La Croixdied April or November 08, 1902
information from Carol LeCroy Brewer says that there was a Sarah M. LeCroy b. 1845
living with Amanda and Job Sosebee in 1850, 1860 and 1870 federal census..possibly sister or
daughter born to Amanda before Job..She also said there was a Sarah LeCroy b. 1785 listed with
the family in 1860 who is listed as "old woman, pauper"possibly her mother ?
info from Jim LeCroy home page: Thomas Lecroy b. 1815 in SC or Ga, married a Lydia A. McCracken July 26, 1838. Sons William K. Lecroy B. 1846 had Wilkerson Thomas Lecroy b. 1871 and he had Charles R. LeCroy, Sr.earlier ties to SC during 1700's, w/ Luke or Lucas LeCroy and John LeCroy born in mid-1700's in SC
More About Amanda E. LeCroy and Jobe Sosebee, Jr.:
Marriage: October 21, 1849, Habersham County, Georgia.
Children of Amanda E. LeCroy and Jobe Sosebee, Jr. are:
- Lucinda D. Sosebee, b. February 11, 1843, Habersham County, GA, d. March 03, 1907, Parker County, TX.
- George Washington Sosebee, b. May 23, 1850, Habersham County, GA, d. March 10, 1923, Parker County, TX.
- +Andrew Jackson Sosebee, b. August 23, 1852, Habersham County, GA, d. May 28, 1921, Parker County, TX.
- Francis Marion Monroe Sosebee, b. 1856, Habersham County, GA, d. 1920.
- Willaim J. R. Sosebee, b. 1858, Habersham County, GA, d. December 06, 1920, Rome, GA.
- +Lucy Jane Sosebee, b. May 17, 1860, Walker County, Georgia, d. April 27, 1925, Poteau, Shady Point, Oklahoma.
- Thomas C. Sosebee, b. 1864, Habersham County, GA, d. 1925, San Antonio, Bexar County, TX.