My Family Tree:Information about Miles Abernathy
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Miles Abernathy (b. 1728, d. October 01, 1789)Miles Abernathy (son of Robert Abernathy III and Mary Miles Harwell) was born 1728 in Bristol Parrish, Virginia, and died October 01, 1789 in Lincoln Co. NC.He married Sarah Ann Jones on Abt. 1754 in Virginia, daughter of Richard Jones and Elizabeth Batte.
Notes for Miles Abernathy:
In 1767, Miles Abernathy along with his father Robert Abernathy moved to Tryon County, North Carolina.Miles bought the Peter Baumgartner land grant on June 18, 1786.This is located in the present Lincoln County on Killian Creek near Beatty's Ford on the Catawba River.
More About Miles Abernathy:
Elected: North Carolina Legislature.
Military service: American Revolution.
Property: 1786, Land Grantin Lincoln County, NC.
More About Miles Abernathy and Sarah Ann Jones:
Marriage: Abt. 1754, Virginia.
Children of Miles Abernathy and Sarah Ann Jones are:
- John Abernathy, b. 1757, d. date unknown.
- Battee Abernathy, b. 1760, d. April 07, 1852, Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
- +Jones Abernathy, b. August 1764, Virginia, d. July 1835, Perry County, Mo..
- Robert Abernathy, b. 1766, d. date unknown.
- Elizabeth Abernathy, b. 1766, d. date unknown.