Tree to a Forest of a Family:Information about William Allen Mason
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
William Allen Mason (b. April 03, 1852, d. November 17, 1924)William Allen Mason (son of James Lee Mason and Louisa or Lou Ella Elizabeth Hall) was born April 03, 1852 in Chattanooga Tennessee Lookout Mtn, Cumberland Mtns., and died November 17, 1924 in Florence, Laud. AL buried Blair Cem. West Point, TN.He married (1) Nancy Margaret Kembrell on September 01, 1873 in Lawrence County, Tennessee, daughter of George W. Kimbrell and Mary Guinn.He married (2) Martha Jane "Jenny" Bradford on August 12, 1903 in Lawrenceburg, Lawrence, Tn, daughter of Wiley D Bradford and Maliccie Catherine Brown.
Notes for William Allen Mason:
William was a farmer and liked to hunt.He provided well for his family.His daughter said that he would take them along with him when he went hunting.He was about 7/8 Cherokee Indian .His dad being full blood Cherokee and momhalf .
William and Margarett are buried at Blair Cemetery in West Point, Tennessee.He had been to visit his daughter , Lizzie, by train and ended getting pneumonia and died. he was 72 years old when he past away. William was 70 yrs old when ford was born his youngest child
certificate of death from state of Alabama. W. A. Mason, Parkers Place, Huntsville Road, Lauderdale County, Alabama, age 78 years, 6 months, 14 days, born Cumberland Mt., Tennessee, died November 17, 1924 cause of death pneumonia, buried West Point, Tennessee, November 19, 1924 , father's name Lee Mason, mother's name Miss Hall. birthplace of father & mother listed as unknown
This infomation was given by Mrs. Jennie Mason, his second wife.(martha jane )
. His first wife was Nancy Margarett Kimbrell and his second wife was Martha Jane Bradford
According to the death certificate he was born in 1846. This may be wrong we always had him listed as being born in 1852. In the 1880 Lawrence Co., TN. census he is listed as being 23 years old.
More About William Allen Mason and Nancy Margaret Kembrell:
Marriage: September 01, 1873, Lawrence County, Tennessee.
More About William Allen Mason and Martha Jane "Jenny" Bradford:
Marriage: August 12, 1903, Lawrenceburg, Lawrence, Tn.
Children of William Allen Mason and Nancy Margaret Kembrell are:
- +James M. Mason, b. August 10, 1873, Lawrence County, Tennessee, d. June 21, 1941, Lauderdale County, Alabama.
- Ella Mason, b. 1877, Lawrence County, Tennessee, d. date unknown, Lawrence County, Tennessee.
- Walter Mason, b. Abt. 1878, d. date unknown, Lawrence County, Tennessee.
- +Willie Lee Mason, b. February 26, 1880, West Point, Lawrence County, Tennessee, d. September 08, 1956, Loretta, Lawrence, TN, Blair Cem. West Point, TN.
- +A. Lizzie Mason, b. February 13, 1883, d. date unknown, Maryland.
- +Mary Lucille Mason, b. February 08, 1886, d. August 22, 1942, Lauderdale, AL Jones Hill Cem. Shoals Creek.
- +Dany A. Mason, b. June 14, 1889, Lawrence, TN, d. February 14, 1961, Buried Dean-McNairy Cem. Lauderdale, AL.
- +Thomas Allen Mason, b. March 22, 1895, d. date unknown.
- +Birtie E. Mason, b. November 02, 1900, d. date unknown, 1954.
Children of William Allen Mason and Martha Jane "Jenny" Bradford are:
- +Carrie Lea Mason, b. November 20, 1906, West Point, Lawrence, TN, d. date unknown, Lauderdale, AL Rogersville, Civitan Cem..
- +Astle Everett Mason, b. September 04, 1908, West Point, Lawrence, TN, d. July 25, 1987, Laud.Anderson AL buried Pettus Cem. Lexington AL.
- +Elbert Nolen Mason, b. December 04, 1910, d. September 18, 1990, Laud.AL Barkley Cem. Elgin, Rogersville AL.
- +Kathleen Mason.
- +Ruthie Mae Mason.
- +General Pershing Mason, b. January 22, 1919, West Point Lawrence Tn, d. February 28, 2002, Lexingtonlauderdale county alabama.
- +William Ford Mason, b. January 06, 1922, Laud.AL, d. January 25, 1986, buried Mitchell Cem, Anderson, AL, Laud. Co..