Tree to a Forest of a Family:Information about James Lee Mason
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
James Lee Mason (b. September 14, 1817, d. date unknown)James Lee Mason was born September 14, 1817 in Tennessee, and died date unknown.He married Louisa or Lou Ella Elizabeth Hall.
Notes for James Lee Mason:
James was a full blood Cherokee Indian and his wife, Elizabeth was one half Cherokee and half Scotch Irish or one half Black Dutch.It is said he was from the tribe of Double head or Double head was chief of his tribe.James was an Indian guide during the Civil War and died of a fever after the battle of Shiloh.The fever was a result of a case of the measles.We are told he was buried somewhere north of Corinth, Mississippi.It has passed down through the family that his name was really James Madison Albert Jackson Levi Roy Mason and that he went by James Lee Mason.All the above information has been passed down though the family by Daney Mason, Everett Mason, Kathleen Putman, and Ruthie Putman.[All grandchildren of James and Elizabeth]Some of the information was taken from on old family bible of William Allen Mason's.
Children of James Lee Mason and Louisa or Lou Ella Elizabeth Hall are:
- Ben Mason, d. date unknown.
- Marion Mason, d. date unknown.
- Tom Mason, d. date unknown.
- John Mason, d. date unknown.
- Joe Mason, d. date unknown.
- Frances Mason, d. date unknown.
- +William Allen Mason, b. April 03, 1852, Chattanooga Tennessee Lookout Mtn, Cumberland Mtns., d. November 17, 1924, Florence, Laud. AL buried Blair Cem. West Point, TN.