The Thomas H. Brown Family of Luling, Texas:Information about Joshua Brown
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Joshua Brown (b. April 10, 1642, d. March 20, 1719/20)Joshua Brown (son of Richard Brown and Edith Holt)93 was born April 10, 1642 in Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts93, and died March 20, 1719/20 in Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts93.He married Sarah Sawyer on January 15, 1668/69 in Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts93, daughter of William Sawyer and Ruth Bitfield.
Notes for Joshua Brown:
He was a Yoeman and Deacon.
"Joshua Brown was a Lawyer, Tithinman, Constable, Deacon, Fenceviewer, an organizer of Newbury's Second Parish, and a founder of Queen Anne's Chapel at Newbury,second Episcopal Church erected in Massachusetts; admitted freeman 1673. He lived all his life at Newbury, where a portion of his property is referred to in town records as "Brown's Gardens, so called". Source: The American Forebears and Some of the Descendants of Charles Theron Brown and His Wife Martha Elizabeth Hebbard, Michael R. Gannet,1978. "In 1703 he conveyed the house, barn and land to his son-in-law Thomas Wells. He died March 20, 1720, aet 78; his widow August 2, 1732, aet 81. Joshua was buried at Sawyer's Hill Cemetery, Newbury, MA". Source: Clark & Worth, p 220.
Other Sources for Joshua, Joseph and Richard Brown:
1. Title: A Genealogical History of the Clark and Worth Families and Other Puritan Settlers of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. Authot: Johnson, Carol Clark Publication: privatelu published, USA, 1970 Repository: Name: GenealogyLibrary.com Page p220.
2. Title: American Marriage Records Before 1699 Author: William Montgomery Clemens Publication: Biblio. Co., Pompton Lakes New Jersey, 1926 Repository: Name Ancestry.com
3. Title Genealogical Dictionary of First Settlers of New England, Volume: Vol. 4 Arthur: Savage, James Publication: Genealogical Publishing Company, Boston, 1860-1862 Page: p 30
4. Title: Chuck Hanson' Genealogy Web Page, url: http//www.tiac.net/ftm/ckhans/hp
5. Title: American Marriage Records Before 1699 Arthur: William Montgomery Clemens Publication: Biblio. Co. Pompton Lakes, New Jersey, 1926 Repository: Name: Ancestry.com
More About Joshua Brown:
Burial: Sawyer's Hill Cemetery, Newbury, Massachusetts.93
More About Joshua Brown and Sarah Sawyer:
Marriage: January 15, 1668/69, Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts.93
Children of Joshua Brown and Sarah Sawyer are:
- +Elizabeth Brown, b. Abt. 1688, Queen Anne County, Maryland93.