The Brumbaugh Family:Information about Johanne Heinrich Brumbach Brumbaugh
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Johanne Heinrich Brumbach Brumbaugh (b. 28 Dec 1709, d. 1801)Johanne Heinrich Brumbach Brumbaugh (son of Christoffel Brombach and Maria Elisabeth Helman) was born 28 Dec 1709 in Germany, and died 1801 in PA.He married Anna Juliana Kemper.
Notes for Johanne Heinrich Brumbach Brumbaugh:
He and his family arrived at Philadelphia on the ship Neptune, Captain Waire. They sailed from Rotterdam and stopped at Cowes, England for provisions as was the general custom during those long voyages, filled with innumerable hardships.
The journey for those who came from Southern Germany in 1754 lasted fully half a year amid such hardships as no one is able to describe adequately with their misery. The passage from Holland to Cowes, England, alone, often required from two to four weeks.
Children of Johanne Heinrich Brumbach Brumbaugh and Anna Juliana Kemper are:
- +Jacob B Brumbaugh, b. 27 Nov 1734, Wurtenberg, Germany, d. 13 Aug 1816, Huntington Co., PA.
- Conrad Brumbaugh, b. 1735, Adelshofen, Baden, Germany, d. 1791, Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Maria Elizabeth Brumbaugh, b. 06 Sep 1736, Wuerttemburg, Germany, d. 1813, Fairfield, Ohio, United States.
- Johannes Heinrich Brumbaugh, b. 04 Feb 1739, Wuerttemburg, Germany, d. 1823, Martinsburg, Bedford, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Anna Magdelina Brumbaugh, b. 1742, Hagerstown, Maryland, United States.