|Seeking all descendants of William B. Buchanan born about 1791 in South Carolina and married Permelia "Milly" Arnold (born 1792, South Carolina - she had a brother named Francis Arnold).William and Milly were in Abbeville County (now Greenwood), South Carolina in the 1850 census. Both died in Louisiana in 1855.|
Their children were:
1) William B. Buchanan Jr., born c.1819 South Carolina and married Mary Sims Ross in the 96/Abbeville District in 1841.They lived in Greenwood, South Carolina in 1850.They moved to Louisiana in the early 1850's, and William died there in 1855.Mary married second to William M. Gilbert in 1856 and then moved the family to Marion County, Mississippi, where her brother Nathanial Ross lived.
2) Belinda Buchanan, born c.1820 South Carolina and married William C. Arnold around 1838.They were in Catahoula Parish, Louisiana in 1857.
3) James Buchanan, born c.1822 South Carolina, was with his parents in Abbeville County, South Carolina, in 1850, and was in Concordia Parish, Lousiana in 1855.
4) Thomas J. Buchanan, born c.1826 South Carolina, and was in Concordia Parish, Louisiana at least from 1855-1870.He may have resided in Lafayette County, Mississippi in 1850.
5) Eliza Buchanan, born c.1833 South Carolina, and was with her parents in Abbeville County, South Carolina, in 1850.
6) John Buchanan, born c.1834 South Carolina, and was with his parents in Abbeville County, South Carolina, in 1850.
7?) Isabella Jane Buchanan, no dates known, but may have been a daughter, or daughter-in-law; she is buried with William & Milly.
I descend from the above William B. Buchanan Jr., and Mary Sims Ross.Their children were:
1)William S. Buchanan (c.1842-1900) married Mary Rebecca Creel. They had 4 children. Most settled in Lawrence County MS.
2) Sarah E. Buchanan (c.1843-c.1910) married Daniel Charles Mulford. They had 7 children. Most settled in Marion County MS.
3) Elizabeth "Wicky" Buchanan (1844-1902) married John Henry Wallace. They had 9 children. Most settled in Lawrence County MS.
4) James Thomas Buchanan (1849-1925) married Letha Ann "Jane" Reid. They had 9 children. Most settled in Lamar County MS.
5) Andrew Hartzog Buchanan (1854-1928) married Mary S. McLeod. They had 4 children. Most settled in Marion County MS.
I will assist with family reunions from this line.
All descendants of this line are urged to contact me to insure each family's inclusion in the upcoming publication!
E-mail me at kilt2000 at netdoor dot com (replace at with @, and dot with .)