| || Notes for Henry White:|
On September 25, 1663 obtained from the Governor of Virginia, Sir William Berkeley, Knt., who at that time claimed the right of granting land in North Carolina, a patent of 700 acres in that province, which is described as being "on a small creek called Corawtucks, that falls into the Kecoughtank River."In the patent the water courses are described by their Indian names, but this land was situate in what was afterwards Pasquotank Precinct, the river referred to being the Little River, as appears by a deed dated April 16, 1717, when his eldest son, Robert White, in consideration of 100 Pounds, conveyed to Robert Lowery "all that land lying and being within the patent of the s'd Robert Lowery, which belonged to the s'd Robert White as eldest son of Henry White, dec'd & which was granted to his father in a King's patent, bearing date ye 25: 7br (September) 1663.In 1696 the authorities of North Carolina granted to "Mr. Henry White" a tract of land in Pasquotank Precinct containing 100 acres.
The first mention of a Friends meeting at Little River was at the Monthly Meeting on 7-10-1681. At that time, the Meeting met at the house of Henry Prows. The Monthly Meeting circulated here every other month during 1681 and 1682 when it was divided into two Monthly Meetings (Pasquotank & Little River MM and Perquimans MM).
After the friendly division of the MM, Pasquotank & Little River MM continued to meet at Henry Prows' house until c. 1696. When the MM met on 9-5-1696, it was held at the house of Henry White.Little River meeting met at the house of Henry White from 1696 until it was laid down on 2-5-1705. The MM met here 1696-1702.Little River meeting was opened again on 2-19-1716.Mr. White was one of the most prominent members of the Society of Friends, being a minister and recorder of the Little River Quarterly Meeting.The first book of records of that meeting is principally in his handwriting, and besides the matter usually entered in records of that character, contains copies of several wills and an original sermon in verse entitled "The Fall of Man", written and recorded by Henry White.The quarterly and monthly meetings were usually held at his home at Little River, and the following record on his death shows in what estimation he was held by his neighbors: "Our Dear and Well-Belove friend Henry White, Departed This Lyfe ye 3rd of ye 8 mo.1712, having been aged about 77; A True and faithful man to God's Everlasting Truth."