My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Thomas Calvert
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Thomas Calvert (b. 1617, d. 1685)Thomas Calvert (son of John Calvert and Grace Unknown) was born 1617 in Lygasary, County Armargh, Ireland, and died 1685 in New Castle Co., Delaware.He married Jane Glassford, daughter of Hugh Glassford and Margaret Stanillis.
Notes for Thomas Calvert:
_Immigration of the Irish Quakers into Pennsylvania 1682-1750 With Their Early History in Ireland
Newark or Kennett Monthly Meeting
Of Chester County, Pa., and New Castle County, Delaware. Established in 1686._
"Name: Thomas Calvert
son of John Calvert,2 "of Moore Some3 (neere Gisbrough)," Yorkshire, and wife Grace, was born in 1617 at Lygasory, near Lurgan, County Armagh, and about 9 Mo. 11, 1647, married Jane Glasford, daughter of Hugh Glasford and wife Margaret, of "Stranmillis (nere Belfast)," County Antrim. At Ulster Province Meeting, 4 Mo. 7, 1680, Ð1. 13. 9d. was paid to Thomas Calvert for the apothecary at Carrickfergus, evidently for attendance on Friends confined in Carrickfergus jail; for on 6 Mo. 6, 1681, L. Alyson and T. Calvert were directed to supply the wants of prisoners there, Ð2. 10s being appropriated for the purpose. In 1681, Thomas Calvert, of Parish of Carrickfergus, County Antrim, had some hay and oats, valued at 11s., taken for tithes.1
Children of Thomas and Jane Calvert:
1. John, born 8 Mo. 6, 1648, near Belfast.
2. Ann, born about 9 Mo. 1650, in Killwarlin, near Hillsbrough, County Down.
3. Margaret, born about 4 Mo. 24, 1661, at Killurigan, Parish of Sego, County Armagh.
4. Elizabeth, born 4 Mo. 26, 1664, in County Armagh; m. 10 Mo. 25, 1701, at Ballyhagen Meeting, Thomas Toppen, of Ballyhagen, County Armagh."
More About Thomas Calvert:
Record Change: February 02, 2003
Children of Thomas Calvert and Jane Glassford are:
- +Anne Calvert, b. November 1650, Kilwarling, New Castle County, PA., d. October 17, 1697, Shellpot Creek, New Castle County, PA..