My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Thomas Curtis
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Thomas Curtis (b. 1598, d. 13 Nov 1681)Thomas Curtis was born 1598 in Appledore, Kent, England, and died 13 Nov 1681 in Wethersfield,Hartford, Ct.He married Elizabeth Salmon on 1638, daughter of Christopher Salmon.
Notes for Thomas Curtis:
First record in America is 1636 in Wetherfield Ct.
It is assumed that he came from Kent England as an indentured servant about 1621 and worked for 7 years to obtain his freedom.
He practiced medicine and was relieved by an order of the general court, May 21 1657, from training, watching, warding, during the practice of phissicka.
He was a man of good reputation, and at the time of his death he had a large estate.
He was guardian of the children of William Salmon, his wife's brother.
The Salmon children petitioned the court saying that their father didn't want Thomas Curtis to have guardianship of them because he had little love for them.They wanted their step father John Conekylne to have guardianship.
The court appointed the step father as the new guardian.
More About Thomas Curtis and Elizabeth Salmon:
Children of Thomas Curtis and Elizabeth Salmon are:
- John Curtis, b. 01 Jan 1639, Wethersfield Ct, d. date unknown.
- James Curtis, b. 15 Sep 1641, Wethersfield Ct, d. date unknown.
- +Joseph Curtis, b. 31 Mar 1644, Wethersfield Ct, d. 31 Dec 1683, Wethersfield Ct.
- +Samuel Curtis, b. 01 Apr 1645, Wethersfield Ct, d. 26 Nov 1688, Wethersfield, Ct.
- Isaac Curtis, b. 1647, Wethersfield Ct, d. date unknown.
- Elizabeth Curtis, b. 1649, Wethersfield Ct, d. date unknown.
- Ruth Curtis, b. 1650, Wethersfield Ct, d. date unknown.