The Thomas Daugherty Family of Georgia:Information about Anderson Daugherty
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Anderson Daugherty (b. June 12, 1821, d. January 09, 1897)Anderson Daugherty (son of Thomas Daugherty and Sarah Tomlin) was born June 12, 1821 in Georgia, and died January 09, 1897 in Delta, Clay County, AL.He married Elizabeth Blackwelder on September 09, 1838 in Thomaston, Upson County, Georgia, daughter of Jacob Blackwelder and Elizabeth Suitor.
Notes for Anderson Daugherty:
He was from Alabama,around the Alexander City area.
Civil War Services Notes:
Company 1 (Bowie's Company) of the Barbiere Battalion ofthe Alabama Cavalry.He was mustered into service in May 1864 at Camp Wattu, Al; P.O. Delta AL.
Unable to make a living on account of old age (75 yrs.) and bad eyesight. Died Jan 9th, 1837 (1867?). Pension Applicant was Elizabeth, his widow. Pension application filed in Clay County, AL, July 19, 1889.
Barbiere's Cavalry Battalion, Local Defense Troops [Alabama Reserves]
Major Joseph Barbiere's Cavalry Battalion was organized in 1864 from several independent companies which had themselves been created as supporting forces for the Conscript Reserves. The battalion served principally in central Alabama during the fall and winter, 1864-1865, and it was first assigned (1 Nov 64) to Armistead's Cavalry Brigade, District of Central Alabama, until January 1865. The unit was headquartered at Wilsonville, AL (Feb 65) and was reported as serving with the Alabama Reserves with six companies ("A"-"F"). It was assigned to, and included in the surrender of the Department of Alabama, Mississippi and East Louisiana by Lt. Gen'l Richard Taylor at Citronelle, AL, on 4 May 1865.
Barbiere's Cavalry Battalion consisted of Companies "A"-"E" (probably Capt. John C. Brown's, Capt. J. M. Clifton's, Capt. Dawson's, Capt. Thomas J. Goldsby's, and and Capt. Thomas K. Truss' companies), "F" (Capt. Andrew W. Bowie's), and "G" (Capt. P. L. Griffitts)
More About Anderson Daugherty:
Burial: Unknown, Shiloh Church Cemetery, Clay County, AL.
Military service: May 1864, Pvt; Bowie's Co.; Barbiere's Batt'n; Ala Cavalry; 127a.
More About Anderson Daugherty and Elizabeth Blackwelder:
Justice of the Peace: D.R. Glanton, JP.
Marriage: September 09, 1838, Thomaston, Upson County, Georgia.
Children of Anderson Daugherty and Elizabeth Blackwelder are:
- John J. Daugherty, b. Abt. 1839, Upson County, GA, d. Bet. 1861 - 1865, Civil War.
- Martha Ann Daugherty, b. Abt. 1841, Tallapoosa County, AL, d. date unknown.
- +Mary Jane Daugherty, b. November 02, 1842, Tallapoosa County, AL, d. July 09, 1926, Tallapoosa County, AL.
- William Daugherty, b. Abt. 1845, d. Bet. 1861 - 1865, Civil War from Typhoid Fever.
- Thomas J. Daugherty, b. February 10, 1850, Tallapoosa County, AL, d. November 03, 1901, Tallapoosa County, AL.
- Jacob Franklin Daugherty, b. September 21, 1852, Clay County, AL, d. January 12, 1917, Delta, Clay County, AL.
- Sarah Elizabeth Daugherty, b. April 07, 1853, d. August 14, 1915.
- +David Marion Daugherty, b. April 1855, New Site, Tallapoosa County, AL, d. February 27, 1918, Carter Place, Clay County, AL.
- Julia Catherine Daugherty, b. Abt. 1858, Tallapoosa County, AL, d. Abt. 1928, Gadsden, AL?.
- Frances Daugherty, b. Abt. 1860, d. date unknown, youth.