"The Barnett, Wood-Tunnell, Allison-Bixby Family" :Information about Samuel Gentry
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Samuel Gentry (b. 1748, d. 16 Feb 1816)Samuel Gentry (son of Joseph G Gentry and Agnes Mary Shelton)1923, 1924, 1925 was born 1748 in Lunenburg Co., Va1926, and died 16 Feb 1816 in Surry Co, , North Carolina.He married Mary Sarah Brock on 24 May 1775 in New Kent, VA1927.
Notes for Samuel Gentry:
Married: 24 May 1775
Samuel's second wife was Sarah Brock, for whom a marriage bond is recorded in the Surry County records on May 24th, 1787.
-- (#225 in GFA ), born abt. 1748 in Louisa County, Virginia, died between Feb and May, 1816 in Barren County., Kentucky.
-- Married (1) about 1772, Surry County, North Carolina, possibly to a daughter of Matthew Brooks (Nancy Brooks? -- see below), died probably 1786.
-- Married (2) in Surry County, North Carolina to Sarah Brock (marriage bond dated 24 May 1787 ), died before 1810.
-- Married (3) in Barren County, Kentucky to Sarah Melton
Children of Samuel and his first wife maybe Nancy Brooks (all born in Surry County, North Carolina)
i Matthew (#227 in GFA ), born abt. 1774, said to have died 21 Sep 1870 in Warrick County., Indiana.
ii Joseph (#228 in GFA ), said to be born 4 Jan 1776, said to have died 1856 in Ohio County, Kentucky; married Rhoda Thomas, Ohio County, Kentucky (marriage bond dated 8 Jan 1801).
iii James (#226 in GFA ), said to be born 15 Jun 1778, said to have died 5 Jun 1840 in Spencer County, Indiana; married Elizabeth Hornbeck, in Ohio County, Kentucky (marriage bond dated 21 Jul 1803).
iv Agnes born 1780; died 4 Jan 1852in Warrick County, Indiana, married John Sherman Phillips in Surry County, North Carolina, (marriage bond dated 28 Jan 1799).
v Nancy born abt. 1785; married William Anderson, Barren County, Kentucky (marriage bond dated Nov 1809 ). There are a number of references in the genealogy literature suggesting that William Anderson was part Indian.
vi William, married (1) Unknown; his probable second wife is said to have been Mary (Polly) Whittinghill. Cemetery records in Lynnville, Warrick County, Indiana for a William presumed to be this William indicate that he was born 4 Jan 1786 in North Carolina and died 13 May 1845 in Indiana. His wife, Mary, was born 17 Feb 1786 in Virginia and died 11 Feb 1849
More About Samuel Gentry:
Date born 2: 1753
Date born 3: 1756, Lunenbuerg, VA, USA.1927
Date born 4: 1756, Lunenbuerg, VA, USA.1927
Died 2: 16 Feb 1816, Barren, KY, USA.1927
Died 3: 16 Feb 1816, Barren, KY, USA.1927
More About Samuel Gentry and Mary Sarah Brock:
Marriage: 24 May 1775, New Kent, VA.1927
Children of Samuel Gentry and Mary Sarah Brock are:
- +Sally Sarah Gentry, b. 1791, Surry Co, , North Carolina1928, d. 1834, Monroe Co., Kentucky.
- Joseph Gentry, b. 05 Jan 1776, Surry Co, , North Carolina1929, 1929, d. 03 Sep 1856, Narrows Ohio Co Ky1929, 1929.
- James Gentry, b. 15 Jun 1778, Surry Co, , North Carolina1929, d. 05 Jun 1840, Gentryville, Spencer, IN1929.
- Agnes Gentry, b. 1780, Surry Co, , North Carolina1929, d. 04 Jan 1852, Warrick, IN1929.
- George Gentry, b. 1782, Surry Co, , North Carolina1929, 1929, d. 15 Aug 1885, Skelton, Warrick, IN1929, 1929.
- Matthew Gentry, b. 1773, Surry Co, , North Carolina1929, 1929, d. 1850, Warrick, IN1929, 1929.
- Nancy Agems Gentry, b. 1785, Surry Co, , North Carolina1929, d. 1864, Cumberland, KY1929.
- William Gentry, b. 05 Jan 1786, Surry Co, , North Carolina1929, d. 13 May 1845, Warrick, IN1929.
- Shelton Gentry, b. 1793, Surry Co, , North Carolina1929, d. Nov 1833, Proven Nov, Warrick, Indiana1929.
- Susannah Gentry, b. 1797, Surry Co, , North Carolina1929, 1929, d. 27 May 1872, Tompkinsville, Monroe, KY1929, 1929.
- Thomas Gentry, b. 1798, Surry Co, , North Carolina1929, d. 1814, Barren, KY1929.
- Arthur Gentry, b. 1799, Surry Co, , North Carolina1929, d. date unknown.