Isaac Davis & Pierre Marie Family Home Page:Information about Cassandra Cora Rasco
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Cassandra Cora Rasco (b. September 22, 1822, d. 1916)Cassandra Cora Rasco (daughter of John Rasco and Lucy Taylor) was born September 22, 1822 in Christian Co. KY, and died 1916 in Vanderpool, TX.She married David Fort Davis on May 11, 1838 in Christian Co. KY, son of Isaac Davis and Elizabeth Fort.
Notes for Cassandra Cora Rasco:
Have seen in some places where Cassandra had the nickname of "Willy".
Cassandra's older sister, Margaret Elizabeth Rasco,moved to Texas with her husband William M. (Long Bill) Rasco about 1850.She wrote to her widowed mother, Lucy Taylor Rasco, that things were fine in Texas.Shortly afterwards Lucy Taylor Rasco, along with seven of her children moved to the Limestone Co.Texas area.Cassandra, along with her husband and family was one of the seven children that moved with Lucy.
Cassandra is found in Comal County on the 1870 census along withten of her children.Apparently, her husband,David F. Davis, has died.In 1877 Cassandra sells 160 acres of her land in Comal Co.,TX to Martin Lux.
Cassandra is reported to have been a midwife.At the time of her death Cassandra was visiting her daughter, Elizabeth Eaton.Cassandra died at the age of 94 years old.
There is no tombstone on Cassandra's grave.
More About Cassandra Cora Rasco:
Burial: Unknown, Vanderpool cemetery, Vanderpool, Bandera Co. TX.
More About Cassandra Cora Rasco and David Fort Davis:
Marriage: May 11, 1838, Christian Co. KY.
Marriage Notes for Cassandra Cora Rasco and David Fort Davis:
There has been some question as to whether Cassandra's last name was Rasco or Reece.David and Cassandra's marriage license is either lost or misplaced in Christian Co. KY.There is, however, an entrance for them in the Christian County marriage record book.There is a typed up index of the marriage records in which Cassandra's last name is listed as Reece.In the original handwritten record book the name is Rasco.However, it can easily be interpreted as Reece.The clerk who entered the name had the peculiarity of not closing his a's or o's.This makes the name Rasco appear as Reece. When compared to the rest of the entries one can easily see that the name is really Rasco.
There is also a document (Christian County Deed Book 29, page 494) in which a there is a transaction between"David F. Davis and Cassandra Davis, late Rascoe and William Rascoe Jr. ".Towards the end ofthe document there is a statement that Cassandra Davis is the wife of David F. Davis.
Kendall county death records of bothGarry F. Davis and his sister Cora Crews list their mother as Cassandra Rasco.
Death Certificate ( Lincoln Co. NM)of Oran C. Davis giveshis mother as Cassandra Rasco and his father as Fort Davis .
Children of Cassandra Cora Rasco and David Fort Davis are:
- +Lucy Elizabeth Davis, b. September 19, 1840, Christian Co. KY, d. August 05, 1927, Utopia, TX.
- +Eudora Olive Davis, b. July 22, 1842, Christian Co. KY, d. April 29, 1929, Kendall Co. TX.
- +Sarah Ann Davis, b. November 19, 1844, Christian Co. KY, d. October 22, 1916, Santa Cruz Co. Arizona.
- +John Isaac Davis, b. January 30, 1847, Christian Co. KY, d. January 1897, Kendall Co. TX.
- Ozella I. Davis, b. July 06, 1849, d. date unknown.
- Oran Cantrul Davis, b. May 26, 1851, Christian Co. KY, d. December 25, 1928, Carrizozo,Lincoln Co. NM.
- +Cora Cassandra Davis, b. May 30, 1853, Limestone Co. TX, d. September 17, 1933, Kendall Co. TX.
- Mary Nancy Davis, b. October 14, 1855, d. date unknown.
- +Rachel Evelyn Davis, b. April 20, 1858, Limestone Co. TX, d. April 18, 1936, Medina, Bandera Co.Texas.
- +Garry Fort Davis, b. October 08, 1860, Limestone Co. TX, d. April 24, 1938, Kendall Co. TX.
- +Lycurgus Jefferson Davis, b. December 23, 1862, Limestone, Co. TX, d. May 22, 1944, Sabinal, TX.
- +Erah Ella Davis, b. October 16, 1865, Limestone, Co. TX, d. October 11, 1902, Sacramanto, CA..