The Jeffrey S. Foster's of Stockbridge (Bunker Hill Twp), MI:Information about Johann 'Jacob' Wetzel
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Johann 'Jacob' Wetzel (b. 1718, d. Nov 1785)Johann 'Jacob' Wetzel was born 1718 in Saxe, Saxony, Germany, and died Nov 1785 in Hereford Township, Berks, PA.He married Anna Maria Bassler on Abt. 1744 in Hereford Twp., Berks County, PA.
More About Johann 'Jacob' Wetzel:
Immigration: 08 Oct 1737, Arived in Philadelphia aboard the ship "Charming Nancy".John Jacob settled in Hereford Twp (then Philadelphia County, now Berks County) near the junction of the present counties of Berks, Montgomery, Bucks and Lehigh..
Military service: Served with two of his sons in the American Revolutionary War (John, Jacob & Philip). A copy of pay receipts from War exist for John Jacob..
Misc II: Hag in the New Goshenhoppen Reformed Church Records on 26 Oct 1759 - (a second marriage?). Jacob arrived in Philadelphia on the “Charming Nancy” on 8 October 1737. His brother, Hans Martin Wetzel had emigrated earlier in 1731. Jacob settled in Hereford.
Misc.: Alternative Possible History: John Jacob Wetzel was born in 1710 in Germany. His parents are unknown. His wife’s name was Anna Maria, her maiden name is unknown, although some have said that it was Bassler. There is a marriage of a Jacob Wetzel and Anna Ma.
Property 1: 1743, Received a warrant for the survey of 100 acres in Bucks County and a warrant for the survey of 25 acres in Phila County.Also, 150 acres and another 51 acres in Hosensack Valley.The patents were received in 1747 and 1754..
Property 2: 1771, A third patent for land was received in 1771 for 47 acres called "Mount Fair"..
Will Fact 2:: Henry Heimbach and also the interest on the 100 Pounds encumbered on that property. His eldest son, Jacob received five Pounds and “the smooth gun rifle”. The youngest son, Conrad was to have the large Bible. Daughters Catherine and Marialiss.
Will Fact 3:: (Maria Elizabeth) each received 4 pounds, 10 shillings and the remainder was to be shared between all nine children. He named his wife, Anna Maria and his son, Georg as executors . The will was witnessed by David Strauss and Georg Adam Bortz..
Will Fact1:: He provided well for his wife, Maria. She received kitchen implements, the churn, two cows and one oxen. She was to live in the residence as long as she is a widow. She was to have two apple trees on the property which Jacob had sold to his son-in-law,.
Will on File:: Reading, Berks Co., PA, Dated 8 May 1785Proven 11/09/1785. Will book A#102..
More About Johann 'Jacob' Wetzel and Anna Maria Bassler:
Marriage: Abt. 1744, Hereford Twp., Berks County, PA.
Children of Johann 'Jacob' Wetzel and Anna Maria Bassler are:
- +Johann 'Jacob' Wetzel Jr., b. Abt. 1745, Hereford, Berks, PA, d. Oct 1819, Lehigh Co, PA.
- Johannes 'John' Wetzel, b. 30 Oct 1746, Hereford, Berks, PA, d. 25 Jul 1837, Berks Co., PA.
- +Johann 'George' Wetzel, b. 01 Feb 1749, Hereford, Berks, PA, d. 08 Feb 1834, Longswamp, Berks, PA.
- +Philip Wetzel, b. 19 Dec 1751, Hereford, Berks, PA, d. 04 Sep 1826, Middleburg, Center Twp., Union Co. (now Snyder Co.), PA.
- +Catherine 'aka Katrina' Wetzel, b. 04 Nov 1754, Hereford, Berks, PA, d. 18 Apr 1843, Berks, PA.
- Johann 'Peter' Wetzel, b. Abt. 1756, Hereford, Berks, PA, d. 1826, Union Twp, Union (Snyder Co.), PA.
- +Johanne Heinrich 'Henry' Wetzel, b. 29 May 1762, Longswamp Twp, PA, d. 02 Oct 1850, Jackson Twp, Union (Snyder Co.), PA.
- +Conrad Wetzel, b. 1765, Hereford, Berks, PA, d. 1839, Hopewell Twp, Beaver County, PA.
- Mary Elizabeth 'Marialise' Wetzel, b. 1766, Hereford, Berks, PA.