|I am researching several families from New York City.All those listed resided in New York City area from mid to late 1800s, possibly to the present.Descendants may still be living within the five boroughs.|
1) William ACKERMAN(N) was born in Germany.He emigrated to the U.S.A. as a teen with several brothers.He married Mary Ann FALLON in 1853-1855 in New York, NY and they had 12-14 children.I only know some of the childrens' names, including: John, William, James, Elizabeth, Frederick, Clara, Agnes, Mary, Robert.
2) Frederick ACKERMAN(N) was born in New York City, about 1860-1862.He married Charlotte SMITH about 1876-1882.I only know several of their childrens' names: William, Charlotte, Daniel, Charles, Mary and possibly a Sarah.
3) Daniel ACKERMAN(N) was born in New York City about 1880-1895.He married Lucy KRAUSS (or SCHULTZ) about 1900-1920.They had 4 daughters.
4) Charles ACKERMAN(N) was born in New York City about 1880-1890.He married Mary BAYNES (or BAINES) about 1900-1920.I believe they had 4 sons and 2 daughters.
5) Anthony CONNOR (or CONNER) was born in Co. Cork, Ireland and came to the U.S.A. as a young man.He married Maria HILL who was from Co. Mayo, Ireland.They married in Brooklyn, NY in 1874. They had 5 children that I know of, 4 daughters and 1 son.
There may be relatives of these families still in the New York area.Any information will be appreciated.I am also willing to share information.