My primary geographic areas of research are New England, upstate New York, Hudson River Valley, Pennsylvania Deutsche counties, Shenandoah Valley, the Midwest, Newfoundland, British colonial Africa (South Africa, Bechuanaland/Botswana, & Rhodesia/Zimbabwe), Oldenburg, Waldeck, Hessen, The Palatinate, Alsace, Schweiz, Channel Islands (Jersey), & the British Isles.
Following first below is, under "Family History", a surname list and individuals list.These lists are limited to 2,000 individuals who make up 16 generations of our son's ancestors.I actually have thousands more in my genealogy file.
Secondly, one will find a number of my family's "gateway" ancestors, presented in FTM's online tree format.These are best viewed with a high speed connection.
Finally, there are four descendant ordered genealogy reports presented in NEHGS format. I rotate these reports periodically with other lines, but am limited to four such reports at any time.Currently, one will find descendant reports from the immigrant ancestor that include collateral lines for the following surnames: Hemenway/Hemingway (of New England), Gethmann/Gethman (of Waldeck & Iowa), Seward (of Connecticut), & Gibbs (of Connecticut).The fifth report is an Ahnentafel report for our son entitled "Ancestors of Adam Gethman Gibbs".
- Descendants of Thomas Buckland of Windsor, CT (208 KB)
Descendants of Thomas Buckland & Temperance Denslow who were early settlers of the Connecticut Colony.
- Descendants of John Steele of colonial CT (338 KB)
Descendants of John Steele & Rachel Steele, who were early immigrants to colonial Connecticut, settling in what is now the greater Hartford County area.
- Descendants of Andreas Harter of Lancaster Co., PA (142 KB)
Descendants of Andreas Harter & Anna Catherina Zahner, who immigrated to the Pennsylvania Deutsche community in 1742.
- Descendants of Conrad Eiler of PA (85 KB)
Descendants of Conrad Iler (AKA Eiler & Oyler) & Margaret Gemelcks who emigrated from Maar Hessen to the Pennsylvania Deutsche community of York and Bedford Counties before 1742.
- Descendants of Richard Warren of the Mayflower (570 KB)
Descendants of Richard & Elizabeth Warren, passengers on the original voyage of the Mayflower to the Plymouth Colony.
- Descendants of William Tanner of colonial RI (824 KB)
Descendants of William Tanner & Hannah Tibbits of Rhode Island, late 1600s.
- Descendants of Francis Cooke of the Mayflower (570 KB)
Descendants of Francis Cooke & Esther Mayhieu, passengers on the original voyage of the Mayflower to the Plymouth Colony.
- Descendants of John Crabtree of the MA Bay Colony (235 KB)
Descendants of John Crabtree & Alice Courtney, who immigrated to Boston about 1638.Among these descendants were early settlers of Maine.
- Descendants of Rev. John Warham of Windsor, CT (321 KB)
Descendants of Rev. John Warham, who led a Puritan congregation on a quarter century exodus from Crewkerne in Somerset, England, to Exeter in Devon, England, and thence across the Atlantic to Dorchester in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, & finally to Windsor, the first town in Connecticut.
- Descendants of Gov. Wm. Bradford - Plymouth Colony (357 KB)
Descendants of Gov. William Bradford & Alice Carpenter of the Plymouth Colony.
- Descendants of Roger Brownson & Mary Underwood (1110 KB)
Descendants of Roger Brownson & Mary Underwood, early settlers of Hartford in colonial Connecticut.
- Descendants of Rev. Thomas Hooker, Founder of CT (317 KB)
Descendants of Rev. Thomas Hooker, founder of the Connecticut Colony, & his wife Susan Harkes-Garbrand.
- Descendants of John Pettit of Stamford, CT (28 KB)
Descendants of John & Deborah Pettit(t) who were among the founding settlers of colonial Stamford, Connecticut.
- Descendants of Matthew Marvin of the CT Colony (650 KB)
Descendants of Matthew Marvin & Elizabeth Gregory, founding settlers of Hartford, CT, and later Norwalk.
- Descendants of James Squires of Torbay, NF (165 KB)
Descendants of James & Phillis Squires of Torbay, Newfoundland, c.1760, & including a line from Maria Squires and her husband William King who emigrated to the US c.1852.
- Descendants of Thomas Wight of the MA Bay Colony (396 KB)
Descendants of the immigrants Thomas Wight & Alice Roundy, who settled in Dedham, Massachusetts Bay Colony, before 1638 -- they later lived in Medfield, MA
- Descendants of Thomas Lord of Hartford, CT (690 KB)
Descendants of Thomas Lord and Dorothy Bird who immigrated from Towcester, Northamptonshire, to become founding settlers of Hartford, CT, in 1635.
- Descendants of Rev. Robert Moffat of Rhodesia (129 KB)
Descendants of Rev. Robert Moffat, who left Scotland in 1816 for Cape Town.Soon after, he was the first missionary to venture into the interior of southern Africa -- first to Bechuanaland (now Botswana) and then to Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe).His daughter married his protogee, David Livingstone.
- Descendants of William Jameson of Falmouth, Maine (194 KB)
Descendants of William Jameson, born in Scotland but later of Ulster, who immigrated to Falmouth, Maine, in 1718.
- Descendants of John Libby of Maine & New Hampshire (181 KB)
Descendants of the immigrants John & Agnes Libby, who settled in southern Maine prior to 1640, but who later removed to Portsmouth, New Hampshire.Their descendants spread throughout coastal ME.
- Descendants of William Tryon of Wethersfield, CT (367 KB)
Descendants of the immigrant William Tryon and his CT born wife Mary Steele who settled in Wethersfield, Connecticut Colony, prior to 1663.
- Descendants of Hans Jacob Berkel of PA (381 KB)
Descendants of Hans Jacob & Anna Barbara Berkel who emigrated from The Palatinate to PA in 1733, settling in the Pennsylvania Deutsche community of what became Dauphin, Lebanon,& Lancaster Counties.
- Descendants of Francis Bushnell of Guilford, CT (3303 KB)
Descendants of Francis Bushnell, who immigrated to the New Haven Colony in 1639, where he was a founding settler of Guilford.His children were among the early settlers of Saybrook, CT.
- Descendants of Oswald Dubs of PA (339 KB)
Descendants of Oswald Dubs & Saloma Bauman, who emigrated from Thun, Switzerland, to the Pennsylvania Deutsche community of York County before 1750.
- Descendants of Matthias St. John of Connecticut (713 KB)
Descendants of Matthias St. John & Mary Tinker, who immigrated to the Masachusetts Bay Colony in 1631.They were subsequently among the founding settlers of the Connecticut River communities of Windsor and Wethersfield before finally settling in what became Norwalk, CT.
- Descendants of Lorenzo Hartje of Ohio (64 KB)
Descendants of Lorenzo Hartje, AKA Hartje & Hartage, who emigrated from Hanover, Germany, following the defeat of Napoleon, settling in Hancock County in NW Ohio.
- Descendants of Andreas Kramer of Lancaster Co., PA (460 KB)
Descendants of Andreas Kramer who immigrated to Philadelphia in 1732, settling in the PA Deutsche community of Lancaster County. His descendants were among the pioneer settlers of Ohio after the American Revolution.
- Descendants of Wilhelm Flick of VA (76 KB)
Descendants of Wilhelm Flick who emigrated to Sharpsburg, Virginia, during the first half of the 18th century.Many of his descendants were pioneers of Ohio.
- Descendants of Dr. John Greene of Providence (619 KB)
Descendants of John Greene & Joan Tattershall who immigrated to the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1636.Soon after, they joined Roger Williams in the founding of the Colony of Providence Plantations.
- Descendants of Daniel Kiblinger of Shenandoah (65 KB)
Descendants of Daniel Kiblinger who joined the immigrant Deutsche community of Shenandoah Valley (now Page County) in Virginia sometime before 1750.His descendants were pioneer settlers of Ohio.
- Mather Family of colonial MA & CT (1211 KB)
Descendants of John Mather who were among the original settlers of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, and including an early branch of the family that removed to the Connecticut Colony.
- Descendants of Johann Philip Yoxtheimer of PA (208 KB)
Descendants of Johann Philip Jaxtheimer, AKA Yoxtheimer & Yoxheimer, and his wife Elizabeth Catherine Adam, who emigrated from Erbach, Wurtemburg, to the Pennsylvania Deutsche community of New Hanover in Montgomery County during the first half of the 18th century.
- Descendants of Lt. Wm. Seward of Guilford, CT (1966 KB)
Descendants of Lt. William Seward & Grace Norton who immigrated to the New Haven Colony and later settled in Guilford, CT.
- Descendants of Bernhardt Fullwiler of PA (111 KB)
Descendants of Bernhardt & Elizabeth Folweiler, AKA Fullwiler, who emigrated from Switzerland to the Pennsylvania Deutsche community of Lehigh County before 1750.
- Descendants of Nicholas Denslow of Windsor, CT (192 KB)
Descendants of the immigrants Nicholas Denslow & Elizabeth Doling who were among the founding settlers of Connecticut, settling in Windsor in 1635.
- Descendants of William Braun of Ohio (23 KB)
Descendants of William Braun, who changed his name to Brown in America.He emigrated from Glascow, Scotland, to Gallia County, Ohio, about 1846, where he married Catherine Trackler/Trickler, a descendant of the Strickler family of the Shennandoah Valley in Virginia.
- Descendants of Christian Hasberger of Shenandoah (119 KB)
Descendants of Christian Hirschberger, AKA Hashberger, Hashbarger, & Harshbarger, & his wife Caroline Funk, who settled in the immigrant Deutsche community of the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, during the first half of the 18th century.Among their descendants were pioneer settlers of Ohio.
- Descendants of Hans Michael Weddle of PA (129 KB)
Descendants of Hans Michael Weddle (AKA Wedel, Weddel, Wetel, Wattle, Waidle, etc.) & his wife Anna Margarete Schlepp, who emigrated from Dossenheim to the Pennsylvania Deutsche community of York County before about 1750.His descendants moved to the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia and later to Ohio & Indiana.