The Brothers Gililland of Missouri:Information about Allen Johnson GILILLAND
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Allen Johnson GILILLAND (b. September 27, 1822, d. 1887)Allen Johnson GILILLAND (son of John Richardson GILILLAND and Agnes Johnston LOWE)55 was born September 27, 1822 in Lincoln County, Missouri56, and died 1887 in Pagosa Springs, Archuleta County, Colorado56.He married (1) Nancy STEVENS on September 12, 1841 in Lincoln County, Missouri57, 58, 59.He married (2) Martha HUNTER on 1862 in Texas.
Notes for Allen Johnson GILILLAND:
Listed in 1880 Texas Census. Allen Johnson moved from Missouri
to Texas in 1853, was a blacksmith, a trade followed by his son
John Sanford. After wife Nancy's death, A.J. married Martha and
moved to Arkansas - before end of Civil War. Following death of
son Allen Porter, A. J. moved to Colorado . Marriage records
Give the name as Allen G. Gililland and marraige date as Sep 12,
rather than Dec 9.
More About Allen Johnson GILILLAND and Nancy STEVENS:
Marriage: September 12, 1841, Lincoln County, Missouri.60, 61, 62
Marriage Notes for Allen Johnson GILILLAND and Nancy STEVENS:
Stewart gives date as 12 Sept 1841
Marriage records provided information on a Allen G. Gililland to
Namcy Stevens, 12 Sep 1841.
More About Allen Johnson GILILLAND and Martha HUNTER:
Marriage: 1862, Texas.
Children of Allen Johnson GILILLAND and Nancy STEVENS are:
- William B. GILILLAND, b. 1843, Lincoln County, Missouri, d. date unknown.
- +John Sanford GILILLAND, b. January 31, 1845, Lincoln County, Missouri, d. December 22, 1915, Decatur, Texas.
- Allen Porter GILILLAND, b. 1852, Lincoln County, Missouri, d. 1871, Farmington, Arkansas.
- Lida D. GILILLAND, b. 1855, Lincoln County, Missouri, d. 1865.
- +Serena Texas Gililland, b. 1859, Collin County, Texas, d. date unknown.
Children of Allen Johnson GILILLAND and Martha HUNTER are:
- Medora F. GILLILAND, b. 1862, d. date unknown.
- James GILILLAND, b. 1863, d. date unknown.
- Lydia V. Gilliland, b. 1865, d. date unknown.