The Clan Gordon of Watertown, Wisconsin:Information about John Peter Gordon
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Peter Gordon (b. October 12, 1851, d. January 12, 1937)John Peter Gordon (son of James Congdon Gordon and Rosilda L. Yerton) was born October 12, 1851 in Syracuse, New York, and died January 12, 1937 in Ladysmith (Rusk Co.), Wisconsin.He married Martha Ida Parker on April 30, 1882 in Glendale Twp., Monroe Co., Wisconsin, daughter of Michael B. Parker and Sophronia Sweet.
Notes for John Peter Gordon:
John Peter was a policeman at Ladysmith, Wisconsin and was shot in the arm by a bank robber who obviously knew him as he apologized, saying " Pete, I'm sorry, but I had to do that".Check Ladysmith paper for an article relating to this incident.
Built a log cabin on the edge of Potato lake, East of Chetek.It is still standing today.(as of 4/19/1999).
According to Gladys Thalacker, after he had moved his family into the new log cabin, he returned to Monroe Co., and drove his livestock North to the new family homestead on the lake.
He would go into the woods during the winter to cut timber and return to the family after the season.
More About John Peter Gordon:
Date born 2: October 12, 1851
Burial: January 15, 1937, Exland (Rusk Co.), Wisconsin.
More About John Peter Gordon and Martha Ida Parker:
Marriage: April 30, 1882, Glendale Twp., Monroe Co., Wisconsin.
Children of John Peter Gordon and Martha Ida Parker are:
- +Edna Mae Gordon, b. March 20, 1883, Gays Mills (Crawford Co.), Wisconsin, d. December 17, 1964, Eau Claire (Eau Claire Co.), Wisconsin.
- +Bertha Gordon, b. January 07, 1885, d. date unknown.
- +Sophrona Gordon, b. April 16, 1887, Ladysmith (Rusk Co.), Wisconsin, d. Aft. 1966, Ladysmith (Rusk Co.), Wisconsin.
- +Rosella Gordon, b. March 23, 1889, d. date unknown.
- +James LeRoy Gordon, b. October 10, 1891, d. August 1957, Michigan.
- +Wallace Gordon, b. October 12, 1894, d. date unknown.
- Elisher Fay Gordon, b. January 18, 1897, Chetek (Barron Co.), Wisconsin, d. 1976, Rice Lake, Wisconsin.
- +Marvin Otis Gordon, b. April 22, 1899, Ladysmith (Rusk Co.), Wisconsin, d. April 19, 1962, Silver Bay, Minnesota.
- Matta Gordon, b. January 11, 1902, d. 1904.
- +Minta Gordon, b. January 11, 1902, d. 1991.
- +Phoebe Gordon, b. September 18, 1905, Ladysmith (Rusk Co.), Wisconsin, d. 1992, Ladysmith (Rusk Co.), Wisconsin?.