The Lloyd D. Graves' of Waynesville, Mo.:Information about Samuel Turner Crossland
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Samuel Turner Crossland (b. March 01, 1847, d. August 20, 1924)Samuel Turner Crossland (son of John Jefferson Crossland and Elizabeth "Betsy" Adams) was born March 01, 1847 in Warren, Tennessee, and died August 20, 1924 in Pulaski County Missouri.He married Lucinda M. Anderson on October 10, 1866 in Tennessee.
Notes for Samuel Turner Crossland:
Samuel Turner Crossland was born March 1, 1847, in Tennessee.
He came to Missouri with his parents, Jeff and Betsy Adams Crossland, around 1855-56.
His father was a doctor who provided greatly needed medical services to this rural part
of the state.
Siblings included Will Crossland, Lizzie Crossland Brown, LeighCrossland, Lefate Crossland, Mary Ann Crossland Story, John Jefferson Crossland and
Louisa Arrena Crossland Gann.
Bushwhackers killed John Jeff down by the Big Spring near Waynesville
in the Civil war. Samuel, who was a solider at the age of fifteen, was held prisoner and
forced to go to the place where the bushwhackers had killed his brother and made to hold
the head of his dead brother in his lap all night.
Brother Leigh also was killed by bushwhackers during the Civil War
in a separateincident at the head of Smith Hollow near Bloodland Missouri. Now a part
of Fort Leonard Wood. Lefate was kicked and killed by a horse down by the Amos Dean
place on Smith Hollow. Samuel Turner Crossland was married to Lucinda M. Anderson by
Judge George Gan on October 10, 1866. They raised 10 children:
(1) Francis Elizabeth born November 22, 1867
(2) Narbanas N.E. Bud Emery born August 15, 1869
(3) Arrena Louise born May 26, 1871
(4) Benjamin Franklin born May 25, 1873
(5) Mary Jane born September 23, 1875
(6) Laura Bell born October 23, 1877
(7) Martha Alice born August 27, 1880
(8) John Jefferson born January 1, 1883
(9) Samuel Cleveland born March 3, 1885
(10) Lucinda Emmaline born December 30, 1887
John Jefferson Crossland married Elizabeth (Betsy) Adams and had
a son named William Crossland. He married Sara Jane Wood. Their daughter Margret
"Maggie" married Joseph Lilburn Graves on December 12, 1909. He was the son of
William Lance and Eveline York Graves.
More About Samuel Turner Crossland:
Date born 2: March 01, 1847
Burial: August 22, 1924, Friendship Cemetery, Pulaski County.
More About Samuel Turner Crossland and Lucinda M. Anderson:
Marriage: October 10, 1866, Tennessee.
Children of Samuel Turner Crossland and Lucinda M. Anderson are:
- +Francis Elizabeth Crossland, b. November 22, 1867, d. December 08, 1940.
- +Narbanas "N.E." "Bud" Emery Crossland, b. August 15, 1869, d. February 24, 1930.
- +Arrena Lousie Crossland, b. May 26, 1871, Pulaski County Missouri, d. December 29, 1916, Pulaski County Missouri.
- +Benjamin Franklin Crossland, b. May 25, 1873, d. 1951.
- +Mary Jane Crossland, b. September 23, 1875, d. December 11, 1955.
- +Laura Bell Crossland, b. October 23, 1877, d. date unknown.
- +Martha Alice Crossland, b. August 27, 1880, d. March 23, 1947.
- +John Jefferson Crossland, b. January 01, 1883, Pulaski County Missouri, d. November 10, 1952, Pulaski County Missouri.
- +Samuel Cleveland Crossland, b. March 03, 1885, d. February 01, 1959.
- +Lucinda Emmaline Crossland, b. December 30, 1887, d. date unknown.