|I am searching for the birth place and parents of Francis Hagan of Frederick County, Maryland.The first public record I find of him is his witness of a marriage in 1787 in the German Reformed Church.He died in Frederick County in 1825 and is buried in the St. Johns the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church cemetery.His headstone shows a birth year of 1763.|
My DNA test shows Francis Hagan is related to the family of Thomas the Immigrant of Charles County, Maryland.Francis, however, is not a descendant of this Thomas but is relatedthrough one of Thomas' brothers, cousins or uncles back in County Tyrone, Ireland.The actual individual that is the link with Thomas is unknown.While living in Frederick County Francis was selected to be a Constable of the Sugar Loaf District and later elected to be a Deputy Sheriff of that District.
Francis married Margaret Ramsower in Frederick County in 1788.Her family lived in and around Frederick and Montgomery Counties.Margaret out lived Francis but her grave has never been found.Francis and Margaret Hagan had at least five children:
1. Benjamin F. Hagan: born in Frederick County in 1788 and died there in 1823.He never married.
2. Francis, Hagan, Jr.: birn in Frederick County in 1790 and died there in 1832.He is buried in the Mt. Olivet Cemetery.He married Matilda Barber and they had the following children: Ignatius Nathan Hagan; Isabella Frances Hagan; Margaret Ann Charlotte Hagan.
3. Adam Hagan: born in Frederick County in 1791 and died there in 1855.He, his wife and one son, are buried in the Hyattstown Methodist Church cemetery.He married Jemina Ann Riggs and they had the following children: William M. Hagan; Mary Ann Hagan; Jane E. Hagan; Adam Hagan, Jr.; John Thomas Hagan; Lavenia Hagan; Singleton Hagan;
4. Female Hagan: born about 1800 and died between 1810-1820 (according to Census records).No grave has been found.
5. Richard Hagan; born in Frederick County in 1802 and died after 1870 possibly in Alexandria County, Virginia. His grave has never been found.He married Jemina Ann Riggs and they had the following children: Benjamin Franklin Hagan; Sarah Ann Hagan; James T. Hagan; Josephine E. Hagan; Lenor Hagan; Richard I. Hagan; Margaret Edna Hagan; Susan I. Hagan; Mary Ann Hagan;
Other descensants of Francis Hagan have been identified for five generations and are located in Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida.
Any information about the origins of Francis is appreciated.I will share the information I have.