Desendents of Samuel Harris, Sr.:Information about William Harris
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
William Harris (b. Abt. 1720, d. 1767)William Harris (son of Samuel Harris, Sr. and Esther) was born Abt. 1720, and died 1767 in Leesburg, Loudoun Co, Virginia.He married Hannah Moore on Abt. 1743 in Fairfax, Frederick County, Virginia.
Notes for William Harris:
The following compiled by Nick Sheely...
William Harris, grantee, purchased land by deed, dated 6 Dec. 1742, located in Fairfax Co., VA (now Loudoun Co., VA)
description: 670 ac. adjoining land of Samuel Harris and land of John Hanby.
(Northern Neck Land Grants)
William Harris is listed in Loudoun Co. tithes tables in 1758.
William Harris, Jr., (then age 16) is listed in 1765.
William Harris lived near present day Leesburg, Loudoun Co, Va
records of him are found at Hopewell MM, Winchester, Va., Fairfax MM, Fairfax, Va.
In 1762, there was some concern over William Harris living on Indian Property Rights.
Marriage: Hannah Moore
Hester "Esther" Harris b: 7 Sep 1744 in Fairfax, Frederick Co, Va
Martha Harris b: 29 Sep 1746 in Fairfax, Frederick Co, Va
William Harris b: 19 Oct 1748 in Fairfax, Frederick Co, Va
Daniel Harris b: 14 Nov 1751 in Loudoun Co, Va
Hannah Harris b: 13 Feb 1753 in Frederick Co, Va
Jesse Harris b: 24 Feb 1755 in Fairfax, Frederick Co, Va
Samuel Harris b: 22 Mar 1757 in Fairfax, Frederick Co, Va
Mary Harris b: 7 Apr 1759 in Fairfax, Frederick Co, Va
William Harris, Sr. died in late 1767.
The children of William and Hannah Harris are listed in the records of Hopewell MM and Fairfax MM.
William and Hannah Harris and children were granted certificate to Hopewell MM from Fairfax MM 1 June 1761
Hannah and children were granted certificate to Fairfax MM from Hopell MM (one previously prepared mislaid) 2 March 1767
William and Hannah Harris were received by Fairfax MM from Hopewell MM 3 August 1767
Younger children of Hannah Harris were granted certificate from Hopewell MM to Fairfax MM 6 July 1767
Hannah Harris and Martha Oldacre were disowned by Hopewell MM 6 July 1767.
More About William Harris and Hannah Moore:
Marriage: Abt. 1743, Fairfax, Frederick County, Virginia.
Children of William Harris and Hannah Moore are:
- +Hester "Esther" Harris, b. 07 Sep 1744, Fairfax, Fredrick County, Virginia, d. 1810, Fauquier County, Virginia.
- +Martha Harris, b. 29 Sep 1746, Loudon County, Virginia, d. 1810, Mason County, West Virginia.
- +William Harris, Jr., b. 19 Oct 1748, Loudon County, Virginia, d. Mar 1782.
- +Jesse Harris, b. 24 Feb 1755, Loudon County, Virginia, d. 30 May 1825, Licking County, Ohio.
- Daniel Harris, b. 14 Nov 1751, Loudoun County, Virginia, d. date unknown, Hardy County, West Virginia.
- +Hannah Harris, b. 12 Feb 1753, Loudoun County, Virginia, d. 1828, Bedford County, Virginia.
- Samuel Harris, b. 22 Mar 1757, Loudoun County, Virginia, d. Abt. 1782.
- Mary Harris, b. 07 Apr 1759, Loudoun County, Virginia, d. date unknown.