Stitzel and Stutsman family, Brethen and Mennonite families:Information about Dielman Kolb
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Dielman Kolb (b. 28 Jan 1648, d. 13 Oct 1711)Dielman Kolb (son of Heinrich Kolb) was born 28 Jan 1648 in Wolfsheim, Baden, Germany, and died 13 Oct 1711 in Mannheim, Germany.He married Agnes Schumacker, daughter of Peter Schumacker.
Notes for Dielman Kolb:
Birth: 28 JAN 1648 in Wolfsheim, Baden, Germany
Death: 13 OCT 1711 in Manheim, Baden, Germany
Burial: Mannheim, Pfalz, Germany
Note: 1 2 3 4 5
Father: Heinrich Kolb
Marriage 1 Agnes Schumacher b: 1652 in Kresheim, Germany
Married: EST 1 JAN 1652 in Wolfsheim, Rhs., Hessen, Germany
Peter Kolb b: 1671 in Wolfsheim, Pfalz, Germany
Ann Kolb b: 1676 in Germany
Henry Kolb b: 1679 in Wolfsheim Pfalz, Germany
Martin Kolb b: 1680 in Germany
Johannes Kolb b: 19 MAY 1683 in Germany
Jacob Kolb b: 21 MAY 1685 in Wolfsheim, Baden Gernay
Arnold Kolb b: 1688
Dielman Kolb b: 10 NOV 1691 in Palatinate (Pfaltz) at Wolfsheim, Germany
1. Author: Cassel, Daniel Kolb; Title: A genealogical history of the Kolb, Kulp, or Culp family and its branches in America; Publication: Morgan R. Wills, Norristown, PA; Note: Eastern Mennonite University
Note: p16 #1. 28 Jan 1648 - 13 Oct 1711. Wolfsheim, in Baden, Germany.
2. Author: Becca416@uswest.net; Title: Online database at Ancestry.com; Note: URL http://pedigree.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/pedview.dll?ti=0&Ind=6421&File=108026 for Gertraut Kolb and traversed trees from there. Downloaded net108026.zip Gedcom file submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Mar. Agnes Schumacher. C: Peter, Ann, Henry Schumacher, Martin Schumacher, Johannes, Jacob Schumacher, Arnold, Dielman. Source of information: "Kulp Family History" (book); Dielman KOLB and Girl SCHUMACHER listed on page 16, Individual #1
3. Author: Lehman, Bruce; Title: On-line database; Publication: www.gencircles.com; Note:
Note: Dielman Kolb B: 28 Jan 1648 in Wolfsheim, Baden, Germany D: 13 Oct 1711 in Manheim, Baden, Germany M: 1 S: Agnes Schumacher C: Peter Kolb, Ann Kolb, Martin Kolb, Henry Schumacher Kolb, Johannes Kolb, Jacob Kolb, Dielman Kolb
4. Note: from Wendy Scott, email@example.com via www.gencircles.com, Dielman Kolb, B: 1648 in probably Wolfsheim, Baden, Germany,D: 13 Oct 1712 in Mannheim, Pfalz, Germany, F: Heinrich Kolb, Burial: Mannheim, Pfalz, Germany
5. Note: from Larry Kirklen, firstname.lastname@example.org, via www.gencircles.com;
Dielman Kolb, B: 1648 in Wolfsheim, Baden, GERMANY, D: 13 Oct 1712 in Manheim, GERMANY,
F:, C: Johannes Kolb, Jacob Kolb
Notes for DIELMAN KOLB: Little is known of this family, but they must have been people of means and position, for four of their six sons were to become ministers of the Mennonite faith: Peter who remained in Germany; and three of those who came to America, Henry, Martin and Dielman. A gate in which Dielman carved his name still survives. It is inscribed "Tilmann Kolb 1699".
More About DIELMAN KOLB: Burial: Manheim, GERMANY
More About AGNES SCHUMACHER: Burial: Wolfsheim, Palatinate, GERMANY
Children of DIELMAN KOLB and AGNES SCHUMACHER are:
1. PETER KOLB, born 1671 in Manheim, GERMANY; died Bet. 1726 - 1727 in Manheim, GERMANY.
Notes for PETER KOLB: Peter was a Mennonite minister. He did not follow his brothers to America, but at least one of his sons (Hans Casper) did. Two other Kolbs who came to America are believed to be sons of Peter, Dielman who arrived in 1729 and Johann Jacob who arrived in 1737. More About PETER KOLB: Occupation: Minister Religion: Mennonite
2. Ann Kolb, born 1676 in GERMANY; died 26 February 1737/38 in Wolfsheim, GERMANY; married Balthaser
3. Henry Kolb, born 1678 in GERMANY; died Cir. 1730 in Skippack, Montgomery Co., PA.
4. Martin Kolb, born 1680; died 1761 in Skippack, Montgomery Co., PA; married Mary Magdalena
Van Sintern 19 May 1709; born 1687; died Aft. 1771. v. Johannes Kolb, born 19 May 1683 in GERMANY; died in Montgomery Co., PA.
5. JACOB KOLB, born 21 May 1685 in Wolfsheim, Baden, GERMANY; died 4 October 1739 in Skippack Twp., Montgomery Co., PA; married SARA VAN SINTERN 21 May 1710 in Germantown, Philadelphia Co., PA.
7. Dielman Kolb, born 10 November 1691 in Wolfsheim, Baden, GERMANY; died in Montgomery Co., PA; married Elizabeth Schnebli 1714.
Dielman KOLB 1
Birth: ABT. 1648 in Wolfsheim, Baden, Germany 1
Death: in Manheim, Germany 1
Burial: Manheim, Germany 1
Reference Number: 928
!LAND-RELIGION: He was a Mennonite, but later united with the Friends. He is the first person definately ascertained to have come from Kriesheim. He bought 200 acres of land from Herman Op den Graeff in an agreement dated 16 Aug 1685. The deed is written in the Dutch or Holland language and recorded in the
Germantown, Pennsylvania book.
!BIRTH-BURIAL: Robert Lee Magruder, THE PETER AND THENEY (GATES) KOLB GENEALOGY; 1648-1925; unpublished; p1; Library of Ralph C. Howes, Anchorage, Alaska.
Marriage 1 Agnes SCHUMACKER b: ABT. 1652
Peter KOLB b: 1671
Ann KOLB b: 1676
Henry KOLB b: 1679
Martin KOLB b: 1680
Johannes KOLB b: 19 MAY 1683 in Mannheim, Palatinate, Germany
Jacob KOLB b: 21 MAY 1685
Dielman KOLB b: 10 NOV 1691 in Wolfsheim, Palatinate, Germany
Children of Dielman Kolb and Agnes Schumacker are:
- +Martin Kolb, b. 1680, d. 1761, Skippach, Montgomery, PA.