Stitzel and Stutsman family, Brethen and Mennonite families:Information about Ulrich Zaug
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Ulrich Zaug (b. 1580, d. date unknown)Ulrich Zaug was born 1580, and died date unknown.He married Anni Rotlisberger.
Notes for Ulrich Zaug:
Zug / ZaugFamily
Richard W. Davis
Ulrich Zaugg, b. c1580. He married Anni Rötlisberger. He lived in Signau, Bern, Switzerland.
1. Ulrich Zaugg, b. 30 Dec 1610, Signau. d. 1649. He was probably the Anabaptist leader Uli Zaugg who was being hunted with Anabaptists leaders Christian Stauffer of Eggiwil and Uli Neuhaus of Eggiwil by order of the government on 11 Apr 1644. He may have been hiding out at Oberdiessbach in 1644 as that is when David Scharer wrote a letter to the Anabaptist leader Uli Zaugg of Oberdiessbach. The Anabaptist Ulrich Zug of the Signau district died in 1649 and his assets equaled his debts. There are no children or wife mentioned in the records of 1649.
2. Mathys Zaugg, b. 22 Nov 1612, Signau. He lived at Burg in Eggiwil in 1652 when he baptized his son Mathys at Eggiwil. He was married to Christina Rüsser. He was called an Anabaptist in 1673 when his son Mathys was put in jail for hiding him. He was apparently in jail or left the area by 1674 as payments were made that year in behalf of his two daughters Anna and Barbli by a man named Schüppach of "Auf dem Grat", Signau. Hans Schüppach of Signau was married to Anna Zaug, probably the niece of Mathys Zaugg.
3. Cathri Zaugg, b. 30 Apr 1615, Signau.
4. Peter Zaugg, b. 28 Sep 1617, Signau.
5. [?] Hans Zaugg, b. c1620.
Children of Ulrich Zaug and Anni Rotlisberger are:
- +Hans Zaug, b. 1620, d. date unknown.