The Hill's of Cumberland County, Maine:Information about Adam Mott
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Adam Mott (b. 1623, d. 1673)Adam Mott (son of Adam Mott and Elizabeth Creel) was born 1623 in Cambridge, England, and died 1673 in Portsmouth, MA.He married Mary Lott on October 1647 in Portsmouth, RI, daughter of Englebret Lott and Sarah.
Notes for Adam Mott:
Came to New England in the ship named Defence on 02 Jul 1635
Became a freeman of Portsmouth, Rhode Island, in 1655, and Deputy the year of his death
Passengers on the Defence
between 2-4 July 1635
Theis vnder written names are to be transported to New England imbarqued in the Defence, Tho: Bostock Mr the p'tie hath brought testimony from the Justices of Peace and Ministers in Cambridge of his comformitie to the orders and discipline of the Church of England: He hath taken ye oaths of Alleg: and Suprem"
Adam Mott 39 A Taylor
Sarah Mott 31 Vxor
Henry Steevens 24 Mason
John Sheppard 36 Husbm:
Margaret Sheppard 31
Tho: Sheppard 3mo.
Jo: Mott 14 Child
Adam Mott 12 Child
Jonathan Mott 9 Child
Elizabeth Mott 6 Child
Mary Mott 4 Child
Wm Hubbard 13
Wm Head 48
Mabell Head 30
George Head 6
Ralph Head 5
Justice Head 18mo.
More About Adam Mott and Mary Lott:
Marriage: October 1647, Portsmouth, RI.
Children of Adam Mott and Mary Lott are:
- Rebecca Mott, b. September 1648, Portsmouth, RI, d. 1719, Portsmouth, RI.
- Adam Mott, b. September 1650, Portsmouth, RI, d. date unknown.
- Mary Mott, b. January 01, 1655/56, Portsmouth, RI, d. date unknown.
- Sarah Mott, b. October 11, 1657, Portsmouth, RI, d. date unknown.
- +Elizabeth Mott, b. August 06, 1659, Portsmouth, RI, d. 1723, Portsmouth, RI.
- Phebe Mott, b. August 20, 1661, Portsmouth, RI, d. date unknown.
- Bethia Mott, b. April 01, 1664, Portsmouth, RI, d. date unknown.
- Abigail Mott, b. May 03, 1666, Portsmouth, RI, d. 1720.
- John Mott, b. January 01, 1670/71, Portsmouth, RI, d. date unknown.