The Chambers Tree and Branches of Haywood County, NC:Information about Joseph Chambers
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Joseph Chambers (b. 1770, d. July 1840)Joseph Chambers (son of James Chambers and Mary Tipton) was born 1770 in Virginia, and died July 1840 in Villa Rica, Georgia.He married Sarah Elizabeth Moody on 1802 in Chatham County, North Carolina, daughter of Jesse Moody and Dinah Hollingsworth.
Notes for Joseph Chambers:
Joseph became a prominent leader in Haywood Countypolitics. He was a State Representative from 1813-1821. Sometime after 1830 he took his family and moved to Georgia when the Carroll Gold Mines opened. This was probably in 1832.
More About Joseph Chambers:
Burial: Unknown, Villa Rica, Georgia.
More About Joseph Chambers and Sarah Elizabeth Moody:
Marriage: 1802, Chatham County, North Carolina.
Children of Joseph Chambers and Sarah Elizabeth Moody are:
- +John Thaddus Chambers, b. April 25, 1803, Haywood County, d. August 04, 1890, Villa Rica, Georgia.
- +Jesse H. Chambers, b. March 13, 1805, Buncombe County, d. November 29, 1881, Tyler, Smith County, Texas.
- Nancy A. Chambers, b. June 25, 1807, Buncombe County, North Carolina, d. August 09, 1869, Chattooga County, Georgia.
- Nicholas F. Chambers, b. August 23, 1809, Haywood County, d. October 07, 1859, Carroll County, Georgia.
- Hannah Chambers, b. March 10, 1810, Haywood County, North Carolina, d. October 03, 1882, Acworth, Georgia.
- Elizabeth Chambers, b. 1813, Haywood County, d. date unknown.
- Mary Chambers, b. 1815, Haywood County, d. date unknown.
- +Joseph Chambers, b. 1817, Haywood County, d. date unknown.
- Martha Ann Chambers, b. February 13, 1820, Haywood County, North Carolina, d. July 23, 1858, Caldwell County, Texas.
- Sarah L Chambers, b. 1824, Haywood County, North Carolina, d. date unknown.
- William K Chambers, b. 1828, Haywood County, North Carolina, d. 1848.