Johnson - Ahrens - Wiese Families of eastern Iowa:Information about Hans Henry Wiese
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Hans Henry Wiese (b. August 12, 1868, d. December 25, 1938)
|Hans & Anna Wiese|
Hans Henry Wiese (son of Frederick Wiese and Katrina Margareta Diekman) was born August 12, 1868 in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany, and died December 25, 1938 in Cedar County, Lowden, Ia..He married Anna Marie Ohlerich on December 9, 1891 in Charlotte, IA, daughter of Herman Ohlerich and Marie Blunck.
Notes for Hans Henry Wiese:
Little is really Known about Hans other than stories that have been passed on from Clarence (son) and Hazel (daughter).
Hans came to the United States as a small child with his parents and a sister from the Schleswig-Holstien, area of Germany.It is believed that they left the old country because they felt their family had been cursed. It is believed that there were other children that were born and died in Germany that led to the belief that the family had been hexed.Hans grew up in the Grand Mound, Iowa area and struck off on his own as a young man going farther west to cowboy and work in the mining industry.During this period it is told that he fought a man in the mine and killed him in self defense.He moved back to eastern Iowa and settled down.His wife was also an immigrant from the same section of Germany and had been a child-hood friend there before moving to America.Hans worked in Rock Island, Il. at the Deere and Co. at about the turn of the century.During this time he and a fellow worker each invested one half of a days wages ( $0.50 ea ) on some form of a lottery ticket and won $15,00.00.Hans took his half $7,500.00 and purchased the farm at Lowden, Iowa where Clarence Wiese was born and Clarence's daughter Loretta was born.
More About Hans Henry Wiese:
Burial: Van Horn Cemetery, Lowden, IA.
Business Address: Lowden, Cedar County, Iowa.
Business Owner: Farmer-livestock, dairy, and crops..
More About Hans Henry Wiese and Anna Marie Ohlerich:
Marriage: December 9, 1891, Charlotte, IA.
Children of Hans Henry Wiese and Anna Marie Ohlerich are:
- +Clarence Raymond Wiese, b. September 14, 1911, Springfield Township, Cedar County, Lowden, IA, d. January 27, 1979, Cedar County, Lowden, IA.
- +Hazel Marie Wiese, b. July 15, 1913, Cedar County, Lowden, IA.
- +Herman Wiese, b. December 24, 1897, Grand Mound, Clinton Co, IA, d. December 14, 1965.
- Elfrieda Wiese, b. September 15, 1895, Charlotte, IA, d. July 9, 1982, Wheatland Nursing Home, Wheatland, IA.
- +Clara Wiese, b. September 14, 1911, Springfield Township, Cedar County, IA, d. February 1, 1985, Pine Hill Cemetary, Wheatland, IA.
- +Harry Charles Wiese, b. October 16, 1900, Rock Island, IL, d. January 27, 1975, Chicago, IL - Van Horn Cemetary, Lowden, IA.
- +John Henry Wiese, b. November 24, 1899, Grand Mound, Clinton Co. Iowa, d. June 10, 1936, Van Horn Cemetary, Lowden, IA.
- +Loretta Margarette Wiese, b. November 14, 1908, Calamus, Clinton County, Iowa, d. November 22, 1938, University Hospital, Iowa City, Iowa.
- +Lessie Alvina Wiese, b. March 22, 1905, Calamus, Clinton Co, IA, d. October 3, 1969, Jackson County Public Hospital, Maquoketa, IA.
- +Mable L Wiese, b. January 9, 1896, Grand Mound, Clinton Co, IA, d. November 30, 1942, St Lukes Hospital, Davenport, IA.