MyFamily.com Our Swedish: Gustafsson/Justis/Justus/JusticeFamily Ancestry
1. Gusatvus b. 1572, Sweden
Children: Johan Gustavsson (Gustafsson)
Johan was born abt.1618-1623 in Kinnekulle, Skaraborg Ian,
Sweden. He died in 1682 in NewCastle County,Delaware Colony.
Married: BritaMadsdotter(Mouncedotter) abt. 1654 in
Ft. Trinity, New Castle County,Delaware.
Note: Johan emigrated on 1Nov.1642, from Sweden. He sailed
On the “Swan” and arrived on the Delaware below the
present site of Philadelphia, 15 Feb.,1643.
Johan & Brita’s children:
1. Gustaf(Gustavus)( Justa) Gustafsson (Justis)
b.abt.1655,Kingsessing,PA. d. 1724 Kingsessing, PA.
2. Mans(Mounce)Gustafsson (Justis) b.1659 in
Kingsessing, Philadelphia, PA.d.2 Nov.1749 in North Liberties, Philadelphia, PA.
3. Carl (Charles) Gustafsson (Justis) b.1660 d. Delaware,1718
4. Hans(Hance)Gustafsson (Justis) b.1662 d. abt.1710, PA.
5. Annika(Anna)Gustafsson (Justis) b.1666,Kingsessing, PA.
6. Johan(John)Gustafsson (Justis) b.abt. 1668 d. 1716;buried3,Oct.1716 at Christ Church,Philadelphia,PA. (New Castle County,Delaware)
7. Peter Gustafsson(Justis) b.1670 d.1699, PA.
8. Jacob Gustafsson(Justis) b.1673,d.1699, PA.
9. Elizabeth Gustafsson(Justis)
10. Sven(Swan)Gustafsson(Justis) b.1677, Kingsessing, Phila., PA.
11. Anders Gustafsson(Justis) b.1681 Phila.,PA. d.1740,Salem,NJ.
b.1659 in(NewSweden)Kingsessing,Phila., PA. d.2 Nov.1749 in
North Liberties, Philadelphia,PA.
Married: Christina Andersdotter Svensson(Swanson)
Note: daughter of AndrewSvenson(Swanson)(b.1646-1694)
(in 1701 William Penn gave Svenson title to 700 acres on
the east side of the Schuylkill River
in present Philadelphia,PA.)
Mans(Mounce) & Christina’s children:
1. John Gustafsson(Justis) b.1696; Note: Will probated 20Jan.1774. He was a farmer in Philadelphia,PA. and married Esther. His childrenwere listed as: Bridget,Tyson,Ann & Christiana. This is not correct, butshows a misreading of his will. From his will: John & Esther had nochildren mentioned in the will. Theseabove mentioned children, were the children of his sister. His will gives( 3)brothers; 1.Peter, 2.Mans,(Moses),(Morris)(Maurice),3.Gunner, 2 sisters,Ann& Christiana,sister Bridget Tyson’schildren;Richard,William,Christiana&Hester.
2. Anders Gustafsson(Justis)b.1697,Philadelphia, PA.
3. Peter Gustafsson(Justis) b.1700 Philadelpia, PA.
Note: Peter,a carpenter; marriedAnn Monson
4. Mans (Maurice)(Morris)(Moses) Gustafsson(Justis)
b.Phila. PA.13, Dec.1703, d. 1783
5. Gunnar Gustafsson(Justis) b.abt. 1704 Philadelphia, PA.
6. Brita(Bridget)Gustafsson(Justis)b.1706 Philadelphia,PA.;Married,RichardTyson.
7. Anna Gustafsson(Justis) b.abt.1708,Philadelphia,PA.d.1775 Unmarried.
8. Christiana Gustafsson(Justis) b.1710 in Christ Church,PA
d. 1791 Unmarried. Note: her tombstone is 15 feet from
Ben Franklin’s grave in Christ Church burial ground.
G23Mans(Maurice)(Morris)(Moses) Gustafsson (Justis )
b.13, Dec. 1703, in Philadelphia, PA. d. 1783 in Trenton, NJ.
Married: 1. SarahLongacre
2. Elizabeth Yard
Note: Documents have that he married Sarah Longacre(1713-1758)
in Christ Church,Philadelphia,PA.,buried at OldeSwedes Church,
daughter of: Peter Longacre and Barbara Friend;married
second,before 1763,Elizabeth Yard; daughter of WilliamYard,held
court at his home in Trenton,NJ.and Mounce had 9 childrenby his
wife Sarah Longacre. However; according to deedtransactions,
New Jersey records;book E-F page 89, on 13,July 1733,JamesTrent
of Trenton,NJ.,sold land to Maurice Justice, (carpenter)inTrenton.
Then from E-F on page 90, Maurice Justice(carpenter) andwife
Elizabeth, sold property to Saml Johnson on14,June1737;stated as
previously property bought from James Trent. Maurice’schildren by
Elizabeth Yard seem to be:
G232; Joseph b.1744;married 19 Jan.1786,
From New Jersey wills; “IJoseph Justice of Trenton,
Hunterdon County, NJ.,” “My lastwill and testament…item,I give
devise and bequeath my brotherJohn Justice, my house and lot in
Trenton, during his natural life,and the time my said brother
Deceases, I give and bequeath thesaid house and lot unto my
brother’s son Maurice, which Igive unto his heirs and assigns
forever. But provided the saidMaurice should die without law heirs
that then the said house and lotto be equally divided amongst the
surviving sons of my saidbrothers John Justice.” It also gave
brother John Justice theremainder of his estate,”both real and
personal.” “With his paying mysister; Mary Dunbar; the sum of
“one hundred pounds” and “thebest bed and bedding.”
Written 26 May,1795,signed JohnJustice. Probated June 1795.
G233 John Justice,farmer,N.Liberties,PA. died after 1795. From the above
Will, John had a son namedMaurice.
G234 Mary Dunbar from Joseph’s will.
G236 William Justice b.1752 d.1767
G237 James Justice b.1754
G238 Nathan Justice b.1756 probably Trenton, Hunterdon Cty.NJ.;
Note: Nathan Justice;Commissioned Lieutenant of the 5th Company
of the 10th Regimentof the militia of the commomwealth of
Pennsylvania, in the 2nd brigadeof the 11th division, composed of
the militia of the counties ofBedford,Fayette,and Somerset. He
owned a farm in MilfordTwonship, Somerset County, PA.
His wife, Elizabeth Boling,daughter of Englishmen John Boling,
who was captured at the age of12 from Gibralter, Spain.
G239 Peter Justice b.1758 d.1834 of Somerset, PA.; War prisoner.
Nathan Justice b.1756
Married: Elizabeth Boling daughter of John Boling.
Census of 1790 showed 10 children:
1. John Justice b. abt.178? PA.
2. James Justice b.1784 (James son William married Catherine Eicherand daughter Jane married Wm.Eicher.
3. Joel Justice
4. Joseph Justice
5. William Justice
6. Peter Justice
7. Nathan Justice b.1776 married Elizabeth Babing abt.1795,PA.
8. Nancy Justice; married Joseph Magnette
9. Mary Justice; Unmarried.
10. Moses Justice b.1800 d. 1884
Note: Moses moved toSt.Clairsville,Ohio, in 1852 and married Margaret Cunningham.
MosesJustice (carpenter) b. 1800; PA. (prob.Somerset Cty.)
Married: Margaret Cunningham b. PA.(Her father born in Ireland)
Note: Moses moved his family to St.Clairsville,Ohioin 1852.
Moses & Margaret’s children:
1.Mary Justice b.1828,PA.
2.Elizabeth Justice b.1830,PA.
3.Margaret Justice b.1832, PA.
4.Phebe Justice b.1834
5.John Justice b.1836
6.Martha Justice b.1842
JohnJustice b. 1836, PA.
Married:Adeline Wood b. 1836,Ohio
John & Adeline’s children:
1.Elmer (Elmore) Ellsworth Justice b.1861, New Athens, Ohio
2.James Justice b. 1862, Ohio
3.William Justice b.1866, Ohio
4.George Justice b. 1868, Ohio
Elmer(Elmore) Ellsworth Justice b. 1861, New Athens, Ohio
Married:Sarah Margaret Cope b. 1856, Ohio
Elmer & Sarah’s children:
1.Lulu PlummerJustice b. July 1887,Beach City,Ohio; Married Reed.
2. Clarence Raymond Justice b. Feb. 1894, Beach City, Ohio
3.Paul E. Justice b. Oct. 1896, Beach City,Ohio
Clarence Raymond Justiceb.Feb. 1896, Beach City,Ohio
Married: Lolita Gale Holinger b.1895, Ohio
Ray & Lola’s children:
1. Maralee Justice b.1916,Beach City, Ohio;d. 1952, at age36,due to Pneumonia and Weak Heart Condition carried over from childhoodillness of Scarlet Fever; Married George Smith.
Note: Maralee & George’s children:
1. Lloyd Smith b. Ohio
2. Jerry Smith b. Ohio
2. Gene Raymond Justice b.Aug.02,1917, Beach City, Ohio
3. Paul James Justice b.Jan.04,1926 moved to Venice,Fla.d.Feb.2000
GeneRaymond Justice b. August 02, 1917,Beach City, Ohio
Married: 1. Patricia Ann McNeely
2. Mary Ridley
Gene & Patricia’s children:
1. *Gene Paul Justice b.September 26,1948
2. *Sallie Ann Justice b.September 16,1950
3. *Michael William Justice b.January 14,1952
*1.Gene Paul Justice b. September 26, 1948, Akron, Ohio
Married:Joyce Ann O’Neal b. January 05, 1949, Akron,Ohio
Gene & Joyce’s children:
1. CharlesAndrew Justice b. November 09,1977,Akron,Ohio
2. PatrickAaron Justice b.September, 18,1989,Akron,Ohio
*2.Sallie Ann Justice b.September 16, 1950, Akron,Ohio
Married: 1. Robert Leslie
2. Jerry Caplinger
1. Adam Raymond Leslie- Caplinger b. July 01, 1977, Akron,Ohio
2. Victoria Allsion Caplinger b. February 25, 1986,Akron,Ohio
*3.Michael William Justice b. January 14, 1952, Akron, Ohio
Married: Gail Renee Allen December 28, 1954 b.
Michael & Gail’s Children:
1. Nicole Michele Allen Justice b. January 01, 1978 married:
Brian Eugene Taylor, September 21, 2001, Akron, Ohio
2. Michael John McNeely Justice b. June 23, 1986
3. Britney Kathryn Justice b. December 12, 1987
Note: All highlighted names areour direct ancestor.