The Family of Robert L. Kasting, DMD of Louisville, Ky.:Information about Thomas Greene
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Thomas Greene (b. 1770, d. October 18, 1842)Thomas Greene (son of Thomas Greene) was born 1770 in Pittsylvania, Virginia, and died October 18, 1842 in Roane Co. Tennessee.
Notes for Thomas Greene:
Cousin to General Nathaniel Greene of Revolutionary War
Thomas Green (1770-1842) married (1792 in Pittsylvania County, VA) Amy Keesee (1776-1854). They brought their fine family from VA to Roane County, Tennessee in October 1811. He bought (E, p. 239) 50 acres from Lewis Kirkpatrick in Swan Pond, and later 100 acres on Emory River from Thomas Hall (E, p. 523). In 1826, Thomas Green was paying taxes on 372 acres, and his sons Theoderick and Bluford, were living nearby. Thomas' name appears in various records, but in general, he maintained a low profile. Thomas died in 1842, and Amy died in 1851. They are buried in the Swan Pond Methodist Church Cemetery. Thomas and Amy had the following children: William M., Virginia M., Avery, Theoderick, Bluford, Thomas, Enoch, Lucinda and Austin L.
Swan Pond Methodist Church Cemetery, TN
Notes for Thomas Greene:
On the marriage consent signed by Jesse Keesee, his name is given as Thomas Greene Turley. Later the Turley was removed. His father died during or in the Revolutionary War. He was raised by John and Molly Turley (was Molly Turley his mother?).
Name: Thomas Greene
Given Name: Thomas
Birth: Abt 1732
Death: Abt 1780 of Died in Revolutionary War 1
Change Date: 12 Feb 2003 at 21:14
Marriage 1 Spouse Unknown
Change Date: 1 Sep 2002
Thomas Greene b: 1770 in Pittsylvania, Virginia, USA
Abbrev: Family records: The Greene Family History
Title: Family records: The Greene Family History
Author: Edna F. (Barrows) Mattson; Fred O. Greene, Sr.; Edith Greene
Publication: A compilation from interviews, letters, genealogical research
The document is of varied quality, a copy of copies.
Name: MHGreene Library of Digital Documents
Whittier, CA 90605 USA
More About Thomas Greene:
Burial: Unknown, Swan Pond Methodist Church Cemetery, Tennessee.583
More About Thomas Greene and <Unnamed>:
Marriage: March 02, 1792, Pittsylvania, Virginia.
Children of Thomas Greene are:
- John Greene, b. Abt. 1793, Gretna, Pittsylvania. VA, d. July 06, 1815, Roane County, Tennessee583.
- William M. Greene, b. 1795, Gretna, Pittsylvania. VA, d. 1862, Jefferson, Illinois583.
- Virginia Jane Greene, b. August 28, 1796, Gretna, Pittsylvania, Virginia583, d. February 07, 1862, Leeds, Jefferson County, Alabama583.
- +Avery Greene, b. April 22, 1798, Pittsylvania County, Virginia, d. December 11, 1880, Doyle, White, Tennessee583.
- +Theodrick E. Greene, b. December 31, 1799, Pittsylvania, Virginia, d. May 14, 1865, Marion, Arkansas.
- Seaton Greene, b. 1803, Gretna, Pittsylvania. VA, d. 1854, DeSoto, Mississippi583.
- Jonathan Greene, b. 1805, d. date unknown.
- +Thomas Greene, b. March 03, 1805, Gretna, Pittsylvania. VA, d. December 01, 1890, St. Claire, Alabama583.
- +Enoch Greene, b. 1806, Gretna, Pittsylvania. VA583, d. 1869, Jefferson Co. Illinois583.
- Beauford Y Greene, b. 1808, Pittsylvania, Virginia, d. 1869, Roane County, Tennessee.
- Lucinda Greene, b. 1810, Gretna, Pittsylvania. VA, d. 1890, DeSoto, Mississippi.
- +Austin Letheridge Greene, b. July 05, 1811, Gretna, Pittsylvania. VA, d. August 05, 1903, Roane County, Tennessee.