My Family's Genealogy :Information about John Crabtree Shannon
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Crabtree Shannon (b. 1826, d. April 14, 1901)John Crabtree Shannon (son of Hugh Shannon and Elizabeth Pate)975, 976 was born 1826 in Robertson Co., TN.977, 978, and died April 14, 1901 in St. Francois Co., MO..He married Caroline Ann Shelley on November 05, 1846 in Robertson Co., Tenn.979, 980, daughter of William Shelley and Mary Knight.
Notes for John Crabtree Shannon:
John C. Shannon came to the Flat River section in 1853 with a patent to that land lying south of Gamon Estes and Will Perry and extending south to the Batchu grant. It is now known as "Federal Park, Federal Mill and chat dumps." John C. Shannon was the father of Louis Shannon, now with "73 years of actual residence in Flat River" and the grandfather of Cole Shannon, who runs the American Shoe Shop in Flat River.
The Dan Coffman house stood just west of the river, the John Coffman house just east of the river, and the John Shannon home farther up the hill in vicinity of Federal Park.
Flat River, Mo., May 19, 1936.
Lead Belt News,
Perched on a high grassy knoll, overlooking "Koen Branch," just one-fourth mile east of the business center of Esther, Mo., stands the oldest church building in Flat River territory -- dedicated before Civil War days and named "Flat River Methodist Church."
Who preached the first sermon in this historic old building, is a secret buried too deeply in the misty past to ever be resurrected in this or future generations; however, a few surviving witnesses are proud to testify to the fact that such "Mighty Men of God" as Rev. John Shannon, Rev. Henry S. (Rough and Ready) Watts, and Rev. Joe (one arm) Russell, were among those who expounded the gospel with telling results from the pulpit of this old, old land mark.
More About John Crabtree Shannon:
Burial: Unknown, Old Shannon Cemetary; A section in St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetary.
Ordination: Baptist Minister.
More About John Crabtree Shannon and Caroline Ann Shelley:
Marriage: November 05, 1846, Robertson Co., Tenn..981, 982
Children of John Crabtree Shannon and Caroline Ann Shelley are:
- Isaac Newton Shannon, d. date unknown.
- Louis Cole Shannon, d. date unknown.
- Mary Ann Shannon, b. 1847, Tenn.983, 984, d. 1863, St. Francois Co., Mo.985, 986.
- George Shannon, 987, 988, d. date unknown989, 990.
- Elizabeth Shannon, b. 1849, Tenn.991, 992, d. date unknown993, 994.
- +William Shelley Shannon, b. December 01, 1850995, 996, d. February 22, 1908997, 998.
- James Hugh Shannon, b. October 14, 1853999, 1000, d. December 29, 1930, Farmington, Mo.1001, 1002.
- +Emmaline Mary Shannon, b. April 06, 1854, Robertson Co., TN.1003, d. June 03, 1929, St. Francois Co., MO.1003.
- +John Thomas Shannon, b. January 18, 1856, St. Francois Co., Mo.1004, 1005, d. February 24, 1928, DeSoto, Mo.1006, 1007.
- +Charles Wesley Shannon, b. 1857, St. Francois Co., Mo.1008, 1009, d. date unknown1010, 1011.
- Isaac Newton Shannon, b. February 23, 18591012, 1013, d. February 24, 19421014, 1015.
- +Susan Caroline Shannon, b. December 22, 18601016, 1017, d. date unknown1018, 1019.
- +Lewis Cole Shannon, b. September 05, 1864, Flat River, Mo.1020, 1021, d. May 17, 1953, Flat River, Mo.1022, 1023.
- Mary Jane Shannon, b. 18661024, 1025, d. February 19211026, 1027.
- +Edward Daily Shannon, b. 18681028, 1029, d. date unknown1030, 1031.
- Albert Frank Shannon, b. 18691032, 1033, d. date unknown1034, 1035.