Kennedy Family:Information about Hezekiah Blankenship
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Hezekiah Blankenship (b. September 13, 1757, d. February 28, 1816)Hezekiah Blankenship (son of Isham Blankenship, Sr. and Sarah Wilkinson)206 was born September 13, 1757 in Franklin Co., Va206, and died February 28, 1816 in Macon Co., TN206.
Notes for Hezekiah Blankenship:
1. This line from Leona Blankenship firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Apparently the Blankenships were a rowdy frontier clan as indicated by the following exerpt from early Franklin Co., Va court records in the Franklin County Bicentennial Commision's "History of Franklin County"..."The wording in assault cases often was more dramatic than the actual event. In November 1786 for example, Samuel Dillion charged that Barnett, Elijah, Elisha, Hezekiah, Isham(jr.), Isham(Sr.), John and William Blankenship, with 'swords, Clubs, Fists upon the said plaintiff...an assault did make and him did beat wound and ill treat so that of his life it was greatly despaired.' Either Dillion exaggerated or the Blankenships were remarkably inept; eventually his suit-for 500 lbs in damages- was dismissed.
3. Some have him as Robert Hezekiah Blankenship
4. Hi Jim,
Thanks for the latest Isham Blankenship file. Its really getting to be pretty hefty, huh. I have noticed that your list of the children of Hezekiah and Rhoda Meador Blankenship includes a couple of sons who are not usually found there. Lewis and Thomas, born in 1802 and 1804, are new to me. Actually, it seems pretty unlikely to me that they could be Hezekiah's sons. Hezekiah and Rhoda's children are pretty well documented in court records. As Hezekiah married late (34) and died young (59) several of his children were minors at the time of his death and were listed in Smith Co. TN court records appointing Rhoda as their guardian. Children born in 1802 and 1804 would have been included and Lewis and Thomas were
not. Later records which discussed disposition of land by heirs of Hezekiah also did not mention the two. Finally, Hezekiah and Rhoda moved from Franklin Co. VA to Smith Co. TN in 1810. Your data shows Lewis having children born in Franklin Co. Surely he would not have stayed behind as an eight year old child. I wonder how certain the submitter of the data is about it. Thanks again, Jerry email@example.com
( Need help in moving Lewis and Tomas. Where do I place them?)
5. "Rhoda says in Rev. war Pension Application that they married Mar 4, 1791" Leona Blankenship firstname.lastname@example.org
6. "Marriages Franklin County, VA (1780-1858] Hezekiah BLANKENSHIP to Rhoda MEADOR of ELIJAH not ELISHANo Date but listed at the top of the 1791 marriages" Jean Hinkle
More About Hezekiah Blankenship:
Burial: Haysville Cem. Macon Co., TN.206