My Family Tree:Information about "Mill - Creek" John Hurst
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
"Mill - Creek" John Hurst (b. 1735, d. Nov 1817)"Mill - Creek" John Hurst7 was born 1735 in Orange County, Virginia7, and died Nov 1817 in Claiborne County, Tennessee.He married (1) Elizabeth Bridewell.He married (2) Nancy Ann Nunn on 27 Apr 1759 in Shenandoah County, Virginia, daughter of John Nunn and Anne Wharton.
Marriage Notes for "Mill - Creek" John Hurst and Elizabeth Bridewell:
From HGE, July 1982 - Vol. I No. IV
Marriage Record of John "Mill Creek" Hurst & Elizabeth Breedwell
From the original located in the Virginia State Library Archives [misspelling is original]
"KNOW ALL MEN by these presents that we John Hurst and Spencer Breeding are held and firmly bound unto his Excellacy Beverly Randolph, Esq., Govornor of Virginia in the Just and full sum of fifty pounds currant money to which payment well and truly to be made to the said governor or his successor we bind ourselves our heirs, Executors, and administrators Jointly and severally by these presents Sealed with our seals and Dated this 5th Day of August 1789.
The condition of the above obligation is such that whereas there is a marriage Suddenly Intended to be solemnized between the above bond John Hust and Elizabeth Bridewil now if there be no lawful cause to obstruct the said marriage then the above obligation to be void and if no effect otherwise to remain in full force and virtue.
Sealed and Delivered in the presents of P. Williams
John [his X mark] HurstSpencer [his X mark] Breeding
[Accompanied by a note, handwritten on a scrap of paper]
"This is to sartify elisbeth Bredwil is willing to marry the named John hust - she is of agge to act for her silf.
To the Clark of Shandoah
More About "Mill - Creek" John Hurst and Nancy Ann Nunn:
Marriage 1: 27 Apr 1759, Shenandoah County, Virginia.
Marriage 2: 1759, VA.7
Children of "Mill - Creek" John Hurst and Elizabeth Bridewell are:
- Mary Hurst.
- Nancy Hurst.
- Joseph Hurst.
- William Hurst.
- Rhoda Hurst.
- Rachel Hurst.
- Isaac W. Hurst.
- Susan Hurst.
Children of "Mill - Creek" John Hurst and Nancy Ann Nunn are:
- +John Hurst, b. 1760, Shenandoah County, Virginia, d. 1822, Claiborne County, Tennessee.
- +Henry C. Hurst, b. 27 Oct 1762, Shenandoah County, Virginia, d. 02 Nov 1844, Morgan County, Kentucky.
- +Thomas Hurst, b. 1764, Frederick County, Virginia, d. 15 Dec 1847.
- +George Hurst, b. Abt. 1765, Shenandoah County, Virginia, d. Abt. 1840, Sevier County, Tennessee.
- +Elizabeth Hurst, b. 1766, Shenandoah County, Virginia, d. 17 Nov 1834, Putnam County, Indiana.
- +Absalom Hurst, b. 19 Jun 1770, Shenandoah County, Virginia, d. 05 Sep 1843, Putnam County, Indiana.
- +Jesse Hurst, b. 1773, Virginia, d. 1858, Putnam County, Indiana.
- James Hurst, b. 16 Jul 1781.
- +Elijah Hurst, b. 1785, Shenandoah County, Virginia, d. 1857, McNairy County, Tennessee.