- Raymond Mongold military marker on grave (253 KB)
His parents were Charlie and Ada See Mongold.
- Daisy Smith Combs obituary (125 KB)
- Zion Lutheran Church Cemetery in Baker, WV (32 KB)
There are a lot of my Smith; Link; and Gochenour ancestors buried in this cemetery.
- Virgil Sager obituary (86 KB)
- James and Maggie Gochenour Smith's tombstone (59 KB)
This is where my Great Grandparents are buried.
- Ivan Smith's Tombstone (71 KB)
This is where my Grandaddy is buried.
- Nancy Ann Wilkite Mongold grave in Mt. Grove Cem. (36 KB)
This is Nancy Mongold's grave.She was the wife of Israel Mongold.She is buried in the Mt. Grove Church Cemetery in Fulks Run, VA.She is burid next to her son James Mongold and his wife, Sarah.Take notice of the spelling on Nancy's last name.She was buried as Mangold.
- James and Ivan Smith, and Richard (72 KB)
My Grandfather, Ivan, is on the left.Richard is in the middle (Ivans son); and Ivans dad, James Smith is on the right.This was taken at the old homeplace in Rio, WV in Hardy County.
- James and Sarah Mongold grave in Mt. Grove Cem. (156 KB)
James and Sarah Mongold are buried in the Mt. Grove Church Cemetery in Fulks Run, VA.James is the son of Israel and Nancy Wilkite Mongold.James is buried next to his mother Nancy.
- Amos and Lucinda Funkhouser Smith (60 KB)
Amos and Lucinda Funkhouser Smith were my GG-Grandparents.
- James Smith (109 KB)
This is my Great Grandfather, James Smith.
- Gochenour / Smith Familiies (79 KB)
Gochenour/ Smith Families
- Sandra Smith Dove (38 KB)
This is my Aunt Sandra on her tricycle when she was little. Her daddy was Ivan Smith. Notice in the background that my GGrandfather James is plowing his field with his two workhorses.
- Smith/ Gochenour Families 2 (74 KB)
Smith/ Gochenour Family
- Ada VictoriaSee Mongold (17 KB)
This was my Great Grandmother.She was married to Charlie David Mongold.
- William Smith (66 KB)
William Smith, my GGG- Grandfather
- The Charlie Mongold Family (75 KB)
The man sitting is Charlie David Mongold;his wife is sitting next to him.She is Ada Victoria See Mongold. Counter clockwise from Ada is Treafa Mongold; George William Mongold;Oliver Mongold; Raymond Mongold; Riley Mongold holding boy (name of child starts with a G___); Etta Mongold holding baby (Harold Myers); and Lefa Gay Mongold.
- 1965 Graduation Class of Mathias High School (86 KB)
1965 Grad class of Mathias High School
- Myself, my Mother, and Elma Jocson (238 KB)
This is a photo of myself; Dr. Elma Jocson;and my mother, Kathy. It was taken at Caplinger's Church. We had a going away dinner for Elma. She is a surgeon and is now in Nepal doing missionary work by providing her medical assistance to that country. She will be gone for 3 yrs.Date Taken: July 2001.
- Ada Mongold obituary (95 KB)
Ada Mongold obituary
- James Smith1 (79 KB)
James Smith in his hot rod. Mom says he loved that old car. She also said he was a tall man too. He looks like it was a tight fit for him to get into that car.
- Amanda Catherine Strawderman See grave (80 KB)
Amanda Catherine See grave at Cedar Hill Cemetery in Mathias, WV.
- Arnold and Sadie Strawderman grave (89 KB)
Arnold and Sadie Strawderman grave at Strawderman Family Cemetery in Mathias, WV
- Barbara Smith and Joan Combs graves (104 KB)
Barbara Smith and Joan Combs graves.These were cousins of mine that were killed, along with their boyfriends, one night when they wrecked in a Chevy Bel-Air.All four died instantly.My mother still has a hard time with it.
- Cecil Kline and Ivan Smith (57 KB)
Cecil Kline and Ivan Smith
- Newspaper article on Camp Hardy in WV (127 KB)
This article was in the Moorefield Examiner.It is about Camp Hardy, a CCC Camp.
- Newpaper article on theCCC Camp for Hardy Co. WV (136 KB)
newspaper article on ccc camp in Hardy Co. WV.
- Newspaper article on CCC camp in Hardy Co. WV-#2 (137 KB)
This is part two of a news article on the ccc camp in Hardy Co. WV
- Newspaper article on CCC Camp in Fulks Run, VA (186 KB)
This article was done by my sister, Dominique.She interviewed our Grandfather who worked at the Camp.
- Unknown female Smith (82 KB)
I know she is relation but I don't know her name.If anyone knows- could you please get in touch with me... Thanks!
- Gene and Ilene Mickler (66 KB)
This is my mother-in-law and her husband. They currently live in Indiana.
- William Link obituary (609 KB)
William Link obituary.He was relation to Lydia Link.She married Noah Granville Gochenour.
- Myself and David in Nuremburg, FRG in 1990 (223 KB)
We were on our way to our company MP Ball.My husband worked for US Customs with his K-9 Dog named "Popeye".
- Strawderman Cemetery (94 KB)
This is a photo of part of the Strawderman Cemetery in Mathias, WV
- This is our Molly (54 KB)
This is a dog we were able to rescue from an abusive family.She is now 9 yrs old.
- Former Site of Sarah Strawderman House (92 KB)
According to my Grandmother, this is the site where Sarah Stradwerman's house once stood.
- Allen Elbridge Lester Obituary (19 KB)
The obituary of Allen E. Lester.This is my husbands Grandfather.
- Riley and Lora Mae Smith graves (116 KB)
Riley and Lora Mae Smith graves.His parents were Amos and Lucinda Funkhouser Smith.He was a Army Veteran of WWII.
- Delaney Elbridge Lester Registrar of Death (78 KB)
Delaney Lester's official registrar of death.
- myself grandma and mom on mothers day in 2003 (31 KB)
myself grandma and mom on mothers day in 2003
- James Smith's Barn (74 KB)
This is my Great Granddaddy James Smith's barn.It was located in Rio, WV; near Baker.
- Mongold obits (403 KB)
- Charlie and Ada Mongold graves (104 KB)
Charlie and Ada Mongold graves
- Grandaddy and his dog (87 KB)
Grandaddy and his dog
- Charlie and Ada Mongold Family Reunion early 80s (162 KB)
Mongold Family Reunion early 80s
- James Smith (13 KB)
James Smith-my Great Grandfather- He lived in Rio, WV in Hardy Co.He died shortly after I was born.
- Maggie Belle Gochenour (33 KB)
Maggie Belle Gochenour- my Great Grandmother-She was married to James Smith.They lived in Rio, WV in Hardy Co.
- Melissa Lester (23 KB)
Melissa Lester- This was taken at the New Market Battlefield in New Market, VA.
- David and Melissa Lester (14 KB)
David & Melissa Lester- This was taken at Ft. Knox, KY
- Asbury Mongold Obituary (162 KB)
Newspaper obituary of Asbury Mongold.
- Absalom Roadcap (189 KB)
Absalom Roadcap- lived in Rockingham Co. VA
- Ivory Lester/ Mary BestMarriage Application (512 KB)
This is the marriage application for Ivory Lester and Mary Best.
- Amanda Katherine Strawderman (19 KB)
Amanda Katherine See-my GGGrandma- She was married to Wesley See.They lived in Hardy Co. WV.
- David Lester getting his ARCOM at Ft. Knox, KY. (36 KB)
This is David getting his Army Commendation Medal from COL. Schuler at Ft. Knox, KY in May 1990.
- Charlie Mongold and his wife, Ada V. See (26 KB)
Charlie Mongold and Ada V. See- my GGrandparents- They lived in Mathias, WV in Hardy Co.
- Sperry's Run School Roster on postcard (131 KB)
This is a postcard that has the students names' from Sperry's Run School.
- Grandma Mullins and sisters (71 KB)
Grandma Mullins and sisters
- Charlie Mongold and his wife, Ada V. See (19 KB)
My GGrandparents at their home in Mathias, WV.
- Sperry's Run Classmate Photos (49 KB)
This is a postcard that has the photos of the student's who attended the Sperry's Run School.
- Mongold Family (56 KB)
- Ernest "Jim" Branner (35 KB)
- Stephen, Pap Branner, and Dusty Branner (49 KB)
This is my brother Stephen, my Grandfather "Jim" Branner, and my cousin, Dusty Branner.
- Amanda Katherine Strawderman See (98 KB)
This my GG-Grandmother.Behind her is my G-Aunt Eunice Dove and her husband, Layman Dove.This is taken in Mathias, WV.
- William Link Obituary (350 KB)
This is the newspaper obituary for William Link.This is a very interesting obit.Take notice of who the flower girls are.
- Charlie and Ada See Mongold in their 90's (83 KB)
These are my G-Grandparents.They live in Mathias, WV.
- Myself at Ft. Knox, KY as an MP (63 KB)
This was taken when I was stationed at Ft. Knox, KY from Aug 1987-Feb 1990.
- Dailey Mongold (79 KB)
This is Dailey Mongold.He was the son of Charlie and Ada See Mongold.
- Myself and Vehicle GS-12712 (107 KB)
This was one of the patrol vehicles that the Military Police drove in the early 1990's at Ft. Knox, KY. I hope they have upgraded by now to a better sedan.
- George William Mongold (124 KB)
He was my G-Uncle "Willie".He was the son of Charlie and Ada See Mongold.
- Finished repelling for the day!!!! (106 KB)
I used to repel when I was at Ft. Knox, KY.It was so much fun!!!I also enjoyed spelunking- but, I don't have any photos of that to show you.
- G-Aunt Gaye Pyle and Grandma Treafa Mongold Mullen (176 KB)
G-Aunt Gaye and Grandma Treafa are sisters.Their parents were Charlie and Ada See Mongold.
- Armantha May grave (272 KB)
Armantha May is buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery in Mathias, WV. the DOB is 1868 and the DOD is 1937.
- Cathern See grave (120 KB)
Cathern was the wife of Absalom See.She died at the age of 94 yrs, 7 mos, 20 ds.She died on Dec 27, 191_.The last number is either a 2 or an 8.The stone is in bad shape and is very hard to read.The stone says she was born in the month of May.I am unable to read the rest of the DOB.
- Dayton McCullen and Edith Gay Mongold grave (119 KB)
Dayton was the son of Charlie and Ada See Mongold.
- Stephen Branner (37 KB)
Stephen- my older brother-was killed in a car crash on 14 May, 1996.
- Treafa Mongold (10 KB)
My Grandmother, her father was Charles David Mongold (his father was Nathaniel Mongold Jr)
- Ivan Smith (19 KB)
- Ivan Smith (23 KB)
- Jeremy and Justin (14 KB)
These are my two sons.This picture was taken on Mother's Day 2003.Jeremy is now 13 yrs old and Justin is 10 yrs old.
- The Smith Family (30 KB)
The Smith Family
- Myself; my Mom; and myGrandmother (18 KB)
This is a photo of myself; my Mom; and my Grandmother.This was taken on Mother's Day 2003.
- the Smith Gang (19 KB)
My mother Kathy(she is on far right-front row) and her siblings: Nancy; Cheri;Sandra; and Richard and their mother Treafa.
- Zion Lutheran Church in Rio, WV (36 KB)
This is the church that my mom attended while growing up in WV.A lot of my ancestors are buried in the cememtery that is on the hill behind the church.
- My two boys, Jeremy and Justin (23 KB)
My two boys, Jeremy and Justin
- Cecil Kline and Ivan Smith (55 KB)
This is a picture of my Grandfather Ivan Smith (he is on the right) and Cecil Kline.They were friends.
- Billy and Emma Strawderman grave (104 KB)
Billy and Emma are buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery.
- Ivan Smith's Report Card from the 5th Grade (34 KB)
This is my Grandfather's 5th grade report card.It is dated- 1935-1936.
- Arnold Lee May grave (245 KB)
Arnold Lee May is buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery.He was a military veteran.
- Noah Granvial and Lydia Link Gochenour graves (46 KB)
These are the tombstones of my GG-Grandparent's
- Ivan Smith's Report Card Grades from the 5th grade (32 KB)
These are the actual grades that my grandaddy made when he was in the 5th grade in 1935-36.
- Casper and Carrie See grave (125 KB)
Casper and Carrie See are buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery.
- My Great Aunt Eunice See Dove (35 KB)
This is my Great Aunt.She is the aunt to my Grandma Treafa Mongold Mullins.
- "Cookie" Carrie Sue and Mary Lee See grave (201 KB)
Buried in the Cedar Hill Cemetery.
- Antique Pump Organ (37 KB)
This antique pump organ has been in my family for many years.It now stands in my mother's house.It is in excellent condition and still plays!It once belonged to my Great Grandmother Ada Victoria See Mongold.It belonged to her mother before that.
- Thomas Cover and Sallie Ressie Strawderman grave (120 KB)
buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery.
- Israel Mongold (92 KB)
This is my GGG-Grandfather, Israel Mongold.His father was Nathaniel Mongold,SR. He was born on 25 Dec 1836.He died on 5 March 1913. He served five years in the Virginia Penitentiary for murdering his son, Casper at age 9 years.
- Millie May grave (131 KB)
buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery. She was born in 1885 and died in 1944.
- Aldine Dove (86 KB)
This is Aldine Dove. He was married to Elsie Smith, the daughter of Amos and Lucinda Funkhouser Smith (my GG-Grandparents).
- Frances and Nimrod Strawderman grave (217 KB)
buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery.
- Herbert Strawderman grave (118 KB)
buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery.
- Susan See grave (109 KB)
buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery.
- Levi Strawderman grave (123 KB)
buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery.