Ginas Family Home Page :Information about Henry Edward Rupprecht
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Henry Edward Rupprecht (b. Nov 18, 1852, d. Nov 27, 1916)
|The Rupprecht Family|
Henry Edward Rupprecht (son of Fredrick Rupprecht and Wilhelmina F. Boehn) was born Nov 18, 1852 in Brandenburg, Germany, and died Nov 27, 1916 in Moran Twp, Todd, MN.He married Johanna Borchert on Jul 03, 1882 in MN, daughter of Ludwig Borchert and Maria Wilhelmine Thuenemann.
Notes for Henry Edward Rupprecht:
H. E. RUPPRECHT DIES
Henry Edmund Rupprecht, Old Settler of Todd County, Dies at his home in Moran
North Moran Correspondence-
Henry Edward Rupprecht, an old settler of the county, died at his homestead in northern Moran township November 27, of heart failure, at the age of 64 years and 10 days.
Mr. Rupprecht was born in Brandenburg, Germany, November 18, 1852.He came to the United States with his parents at the age of 16years, living first at Houstesford, Wis.Later he came to Winthrop, Minn., where he erected a blacksmith shop, following that trade until he came to Todd county eighteen years ago, when he purchased the farm that has been the family's home until his death.He has made of the farm one of the best in that part of the county, and in addition built a small blacksmith shop on the place and continued to do work in that line for his neighbors and friends, of which he had a wide circle.
On July 3, 1882, he was united in marriage to Johanna Wihelmina Borchert, to which union thirteen children were born.Two sons, Paul and Henry, died in infancy, the following children, with the wife and mother surviving:Mrs. August T. Anderson, of Ward township, Mrs. Albert Grossman of Moran township, and Charles, Oscar, Max, Theodore, Cerina, Agnes, Lillie, Rosabelle and Rosalina at home.
Funeral services were held at his late home Friday, December 1, interment being made in Evergreen Hill Cemetary at Staples.The following neighbors and friends of the deceased served as pall bearers: S. Werner, H. Grossman, P. J. Pfleugger, F. H. Eberhardt, C. August Anderson and O. Gorder.
The funeral was largely attended among those from abroad being Mr. and Mrs. J. H. Housman of Red Lake Falls, mr. and Mrs. H. Borchert, Mr. and Mrs. A. Borchert, Mr. and Mrs. C. Borchert and Mr. and Mrs. Herman Borchert of Gaylord, Minn.
The leader joins with the many friends in extending sympathy to the bereaved ones.
Henry Edward rupprecht known as Edward rupprecht emmigrated to the United States in 1868 with his family and settled in Hustiford, wisconson.There he apprenticed himself out to become a blacksmith.From there he moved to Winthrop.Minnesota where he opened a blacksmith shop.Here he met and married Johanna Borchert.In the late 1800's they moved to Theif River Falls area.about the turn of the century they moved to Moran Township in minnesota where he resided until his death in 1916.
while living in winthrop, Minnesota Edward shoed Jessie james's horses.It wasn't until after jessie left edwards shop that Edward found out who he was.
Jessie James robbed the bank in Northfield in 1876.
Description of Edward Rupprecht's Farm
there was a blacksmith shop just west of the house.southwest of that (down a little hill) was a garage and corn crib built together, and south of it was a big, big dairy and horse barn.To the east of that was a grainery and chicken house (combined).The house was a old log cabin, the kitchen and a bedroom downstairs and one big room upstairs and a small room laike a walk in closet, and another small room as you walked up the stairs.The rest of the house was made out of clapboard and was it cold in the winter.Albert Grossman built the addition onto the house.
After the Rupprechts died Albert and Lena Grossman lived on the farm, than Cerina Brostrom's family lived there and than my parents Neal and Lily robinson bought the farm from the estate.
More About Henry Edward Rupprecht:
Burial: Dec 01, 1916, Evergreen Hill Cem., Staples, MN.
More About Henry Edward Rupprecht and Johanna Borchert:
Marriage: Jul 03, 1882, MN.
Children of Henry Edward Rupprecht and Johanna Borchert are:
- +Chrales Frederick Rupprecht, b. Apr 25, 1887, Winthrop, Sibley, MN, d. Jan 01, 1953, Hibbing, St. Louis, MN.
- Paul Rupprecht, b. 1883, Winthrop, Sibley, MN, d. 1888, Thief River Falls, MN.
- Henry Rupprecht, b. 1884, Winthrop, Sibley, MN, d. 1888, Thief River Falls, MN.
- +Helena Rupprecht, b. Oct 23, 1885, Winthrop, Sibley, MN, d. Jul 02, 1958, Staples, Todd, MN.
- Oscar H Rupprecht, b. Nov 1889, Winthrop, Sibley, MN, d. date unknown, MN.
- Max T Rupprecht, b. Sep 28, 1890, Winthrop, Sibley, MN, d. Nov 11, 1937, Minneapolis, Hennepin, MN.
- +Nettie Rupprecht, b. Nov 1893, Winthrop, Sibley, MN, d. 1947, Clarissa, Todd, MN.
- +Cerena Rupprecht, b. May 28, 1897, Winthrop, Sibley, MN, d. Aug 13, 1970, Brainerd, MN.
- +Agnes Martha Rupprecht, b. Oct 15, 1898, Winthrop, Sibley, MN, d. Jul 17, 1976, Long Prairie, Todd, MN.
- +Lillian Rupprecht, b. Jun 27, 1901, Moran Twp, Todd, MN, d. May 22, 1952, Rural Browerville, Todd, MN.
- Rosebell Rupprecht, b. Oct 31, 1903, Staples, Todd,MN, d. date unknown, MN.
- +Roseline Rupprecht, b. Oct 31, 1903, Staples, Todd, MN, d. Aug 08, 1966, Minneapolis, Hennepin, MN.
- Theodore Rupprecht, b. 1907, Staples, Todd, MN, d. Aug 31, 1990, Hibbing, St. Louis, MN.