The Long Family Tree:Information about John William Marsh
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John William Marsh (b. 1736, d. 1803)John William Marsh (son of Robert Marsh III and Martha Head)138, 138 was born 1736 in NC, USA138, 138, and died 1803 in Kershaw, SC, USA138, 138.He married Ann Tavner on 1768.
Notes for John William Marsh:
1790 census NC Surrey Cty
1800 census SC Kershaw Cty
Name: John MARSH , Sr.
Birth: ABT. 1737
Death: BEF. 3 MAR 1804 in Kershaw County, South Carolina
Did you know....?
The area that is now in Kershaw County was originally part of the Camden district. The county itself was formed in 1791 from portions of Fairfield, Lancaster, and Richland county. Camden, the county seat, was in Lancaster county until then.
This part of South Carolina was first settled in 1758, when Joseph Kershaw came up from Charleston to Fredricksburg (which no longer exists). He set up a store on a 150 acre tract (that wasn't surveyed to him, it belonged to William Ancrum) and called the place Pine Tree Hill. It was in the southeast corner of what is Camden today.
More About John William Marsh and Ann Tavner:
Children of John William Marsh and Ann Tavner are:
- +John Marsh, b. 1757, Craven, NC, USA138, 138, d. 19 Jan 1829, Kershaw, SC, USA138, 138.
- Needham Marsh, b. 1763, Kershaw, SC, USA138, d. 1851, Cold Springs, Polk, TX, USA138.
- Joshua Marsh, b. 1765, Kershaw, SC, USA138, d. date unknown.
- Tavner Marsh, b. 1756, Craven, NC, USA138, d. 1783138.
- Ann Marsh, b. 1757, Kershaw, SC, USA138, d. date unknown.
- Mary Marsh, b. 1757, Kershaw, SC, USA138, d. date unknown.
- Jane Marsh, b. 1757, Kershaw, SC, USA138, d. date unknown.