|The information on this website is a compilation of data on seven known Lossos/Losos families that I am attempting to connect.Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.|
1) Franz Lossos (1810 - 1883) Born in Prague, emigrated to U.S. about 1850, died in St. Clair County, Illinois. About 350 descendants and spouses identified, living mainly in St. Louis. This is my line, and these individuals DO NOT appear on these pages. See http://genealogyinstlouis.accessgenealogy.com/lossos.htm
2) Joseph Losos (b. abt 1850) From Tauroggen, Russia. Two spouses (Ruth Leah and Hannah Millet), at least 12 children. About 150 descendants and spouses identified, living in St. Louis, Los Angeles, London, and Canada, Pennsylvania and Israel.
3) Moses and Celia Losos Believed to be from Poland (most killed during the Holocaust). About 25 descendants and spouses identified, some living in South Africa.
4) Joseph (b. About 1850) and Katherine (Honsa) Losos Believed to be from Bezerovice, Bohemia. About 40 descendants and spouses identified, most living in Chicago area.
5) Vojtech (b. 1786) and Kristanova (Viktori) Lossos Bohemia. About 65 descendants and spouses identified, most living in Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Italy.
6) Rudolf Josef Lossos (b. Abt 1890) Probably Vienna, Austria. 13 descendants and spouses identified, all in Vienna
7) Miklos Lossos (b. Abt 1950-60 Kaposvar, Hungary. 7 descendants
NOTE:Photos of the Franz Losos line came from Frank Losos (email@example.com);other photos provided by Ammarentia Coertzen and Helen Lossos Rother.
Updated June 21, 2002