|Robert James McLean|
405 - 1042 Nelson St.
Vancouver,B.C. V6E 1H8
|My aunt Marian and I are just starting out on our journey back in history, searching for my great, great grandfather, Daniel McLean (MacLean).|
So far there has been very little success finding anything on him or my great, great grandmother Mary Elizabeth (Allan)McLean.They emigrated from Scotland and settled in Portage du Fort, Quebec, Canada. We think that the "a" was dropped when they went through Immigration.There is information from that era but none from Scotland.Although I have searched the Scots Origin site, I have not been able to find any records yet.
My father always told me that Daniel came from Mull, Scotland but when I was there 3 years ago, I could find no records of him or any of his children.Mary Elizabeth Allan is supposedly from Greenoch, Scotland, but again, I could not find any records. Luckily, my aunt Marian and I are working on this together to support each other. We keep hoping that we will discover that one clue that will send us on our way.
1. Daniel McLean (MacLean) born 1821 - 1822 Scotland, cityunknown, married Mary Elizabeth Allan, born 1816,Greenoch Scotland
11. John McLeanb. 1841
11. Elizabeth McLeanb. 1843 married Mountain Jack Thomson
11. George McLeanb. 1845d. 1890 Lower Litchfield, Que
married Elizabeth Thomson b. 1849 Lower Litchfield11. Neil McLean b. 1847 - 1848married Jane Thomson
11. Daniel Thomas McLeanb. Feb 16, 1851
11. Mary McLean b. Nov 28, 1853married Peter AllanFerguson
11. James McLean Oct 25, 1855
11. Isabella McLean b. May 28, 1858 married Mountain JackThomson after the death of Elizabeth
11. Catherine McLean b. September 27, 1860