This family tree traces some of the decendants of the following:
1. HEINRICH "HENRY" TRABER - immigrated from Switzerland to Texas in 1871.(this tree has interesting Texas history links to Shanghai Pierce, the Chislom Trail, and the Civil War.) Henry and his wife ANNA MARIA WEBER had the following children: JOHN TRABER, and MARY CUNIGUNDA TRABER.JOHN TRABER married EMMA MILLER (see below) and they had the following children: JOHN STEVEN TRABER, HENRY JOSEPH TRABER, MARY MARGARETHA TRABER (married HENRY GOTLIEB FRANZ see below), BRUNO TRABER, OSCAR TRABER, ALOIS TRABER, EMIL TRABER, OTTO LOUIS TRABER.
2. CONRAD HENRICH FRANZ - immigrated from Germany to Texas in 1846.(this branch includes an early pioneer baker and prominant farmer and stockman to Victoria County) Conrad married ELIZABETH BRACKEN (see below) and they had the following children: HENRY GOTLIEB FRANZ, FREDRICK C. FRANZ, and SOPHIA FRANZ BILLSTEIN.
3. NATALE MARAGGIA - immigrated from Italy to Texas in 1891.(Natale was part of the immigrants brought over from Italy by Count Telferner to help lay the New York, Mexican, and Texas Railway.This line was knicknamed the 'Macaroni Line' because of the culinary diet of the railway's laborers.) Natale married ANTONETIA MARAGGIA and she and her 1 year old infant MARY MARAGGIA, immigrated in 1892 through Ellis Island.Natale and Antonetia had the following children: HENRY VALENTINO MARAGGIA, ANGELO MARAGGIA, twins: EMELIA MARAGGIA and LENORA MARAGGIA, JAMES CELESTE MARAGGIA, NATALE JOSEPH MARAGGIA, JOSEPH MARAGGIA, LAURENCE I. MARAGGIA, LOUIS MARAGGIA, and WILLIE MARAGGIA.
4.RICHARD WALKER RIDDLE -in progress
5. MONROE JACKSON MCMULLEN - in progress
6. ELUTERIO LEOS -this branch is a bit elusive.I know MARY AMELIA FRANZ of Inez, Texas, married Eluterio Leos of Matamoros, Mexico.The had the following children: ALFRED LEOS, MARY LEOS, HENRY LEOS, and JEROME LEOS.Mary Amelia Franz also had another child named, PETE MARTINEZ.I would like to reconnect with this lost branch of my family.)
7. WILLIAM BRACKEN - came to Texas from Kentucky around 1830.He participated in an early Texas Revolution expedition from Goliad, overtaking the Mexican Fort, Lipantitlan.He was awarded land grants in Jackson, and Vicotria Counties. WILLIAM married ELIZABETH SCHNEIDER(SNIDER)in Jackson County and had three children: MARY BRACKEN, ROBERT SNIDER BRACKEN, and ELIZABETH BRACKEN.
8. SOREN MILLER - settled in Jackson County around 1860.He married M. MARGARETHA ? (Germany) and had 4 children: LOUIS F. MILLER, EMMA MILLER, AMELIA MILLER, ADOLPH MILLER.