The Ancestors and Family of Douglas F McSwain:Information about Daniel Gold
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Daniel Gold (b. Abt. 1735, d. September 09, 1793)Daniel Gold was born Abt. 1735 in Orange County, NC, and died September 09, 1793 in Mecklenburg County, VA35.He married Margaret Seat on Abt. 1762 in Mecklenburg County, VA36, 37, daughter of Josiah Seat and Mary -(unknown).
Notes for Daniel Gold:
A will was filed on May 27,1793 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia (found in the county courthouse in
Boydton, Virginia , approximately 15 miles form the NC/ Virginialine).The will named Daniel Gold, Jr as an executor, along with David Epperson and William Targent. The witnesses were Peter Griffin, Mary Sarreth and Charles Hamblin.The will was probated on the 9th day of September, 1793.
A few of the items named were:
1. 300 acres of land located in Caswell County, North Carolina to be divided between his eldest son Daniel Gold, Jr. and Ephriam Gold ,his second son. Each also received one cow, one calf ,one horse or 15 pounds price, along with one feather bed and furniture.
2. Moore Gold and Pleasant Gold were left "225 acres of land where I now live to be divided between them, Moore Gold the upper half and Pleasant Gold the lower half." Each also received one cow, one calf, one horse or 15 pounds .
3. He specified that his wife was to live on the land of Daniel Gold until her death. He left to his wife his
children Mealy(Millie), John,and Josiah Gold until they came of age. He left one Negro Man named Jerry, his wife Han, her increase-one Negro boy named Clem and one Negro boy named David along with their increase, and one Negro girl named Amy.
4. Mary Griffin, "my daughter"- 100 acres of land joining his(Daniel Sr.) land, one feather bed, furniture,
1/2 dozen plates, 1 pewter dish, one cow, one calf and one Negro girl named Siller.
5. Elizabeth Gold," my daughter"-one feather bed ,furniture,1/2 dozen plates, 1 pewter dish, one cow, one calf and one Negro boy named Anthony.
6. Sarah Griffin," my daughter"- one feather bed, furniture,one cow, one calf,1/2 dozen plates, 1 pewter
dish, and one Negro boy named Issac.
More About Daniel Gold and Margaret Seat:
Marriage: Abt. 1762, Mecklenburg County, VA.38, 39
Children of Daniel Gold and Margaret Seat are:
- +Daniel Gold, b. May 12, 1768, Mecklenburg County, VA, d. April 07, 1846, Cleveland County, NC40, 41.