|Welcome to the McSherry-Karau Family homepage. This page contains information on the McSherry, Karau, Scharmann, Boettger, Burrell, and Beam familes (as well as many others).|
At present we are trying to confirm the parents of Joseph McSherry (1793-1872) and learn the parents of Christoph Boettger (1815-1892). If can help, please let us know!
- Philipp and Marie Scharmann with Helene (14 KB)
This is a family photo of Philipp Scharman (1876-1938), his wife Marie (Boettger) Scharmann (1877-1957)and daughter Helene Margarthe Elisabeth Scharmann (Karau) (1904-1937)
- Jack L. McSherry, USN 1907 (1887-1973) (18 KB)
This is an image of Jack L. McSherry, at right, with a fellow member of his award-winning gun crew aboard the USS MINNESOTA in 1907.
- Helene Scharmann Karau (1904-1937) (15 KB)
This image was taken in Berlin of Helene Margarethe Elisabeth Scharmann (Karau). This photo was taken the day of her Confirmation. Though she looks older, she was probably 13 or 14 years of age at this time.
- David H. Burrell (1867-1951) (10 KB)
This is a view of David H. Burrell in about 1931.
- Children of Friedrich Karau and Bertha Strohschein (23 KB)
Karau Children, Clockwise from top - Helene or Elizabeth, Friedrich, Gertrude, Hans, Helene or Elizabeth. June 15, 1909.
- Cora Elizabeth Neidig Burrell (1868-1943) (11 KB)
This image of Cora was taken about 1931.
- Friedrich and Bertha (Strohschein) Karau (47 KB)
This is a view of Friedrich August Christian Karau (1866-1934) and wife Bertha Klara Strohschein Karau (1866-1934). Friedrich is smoking his pipe.
- Ivy Burrell McSherry (1900-1986) (21 KB)
This is an image of Ivy Burrell when she was 6 months old!
- William Ross McSherry (1852-1925) (15 KB)
This is the only known image of William Ross McSherry (husband of Margaret McGee McSherry). It was taken late in his life.
- Hans Paul Martin Karau (1903-1939) (21 KB)
Hans Paul Martin Karau, late in his life
- Tolitha Smith McSherry (1829-1903) (14 KB)
This is the only known image of Tolitha Mary Smith McSherry, the husband of Frederick McSherry. The image was taken about 1880.
- Helene Margarethe Elisabeth Scharmann (1904-1937) (11 KB)
Helene Scharmann (Karau)
- Jack L. McSherry (1887-1973) in 1945 (11 KB)
This is an image of Jack L. McSherry in full uniform at the conclusion of World War Two. His rank was Chief Quartermaster. The insignia was all in gold. He had entered the U.S. Navy in 1907.
- Friedrich (1849-1915),Mathilde Boettger(1853-1917) (20 KB)
Friedrich Wilhelm Boettger (1849-1915)and his wife Mathilde Emeline Jahn Boettger (1853-1917). Friedrich was the royal bandleader at Rudolstadt.
- Marie Boettger (1877-1951) (16 KB)
This is a view of Marie Boettger as a teenager in Rudolstadt, Thuringia, Germany, where she served as a royal lady-in-waiting to the princess.
- Margaret McGee (1856-1900) (31 KB)
Margaret McGee married William Ross McSherry. Thisimage is probably from the 1870's.