Researching the following families...
Hutchinson, Mitchell, Ricketts, Campbell, Moore, Sharpe, Burden, Hill, McDonald, Williams, Bailey, Birmingham, Flake, Hanna, McCright, Giles and more.
Our Hutchinson family came to Texas in 1846.They came from North Carolina by way of Mississippi.My gr gr gr grandfather was Isaiah William Hutchinson born 1793.According to bible records that cousin Joe Hutchinson has, Isaiah married Jane Birmingham and had a child Nelson Bailey Hutchinson. Isaiah married again to Nancy Hookes. Third marriage to Frances Meachum.They had children.
The above mentioned Nelson Bailey Hutchinson is the line I am in, with Nelson being my gr gr grandfather. Nelson and his wife, Mary Elizabeth Bailey came to Texas and settled in Red River County Texas, northeasterly of Clarksville,Texas in a community called English.Nelson helped establish a church in English named Concord Church.
My research is a work in progress.If I have errors, please let me know and we can discuss and also would like to share research.
- John C. Hutchinson (25 KB)
John C. Hutchinson.He was born to Nelson B. Hutchinson and Mary Elizabeth Bailey.Nelson B. Hutchinson and Mary Elizabeth settled in Red River County Texas 1846. John C. served in the War Between the States.
- William Edward Hutchinson and Dollie Ricketts (20 KB)
Wedding photograph September 1899
- William Edward Hutchinson and Dollie Ricketts (85 KB)
William Edward Hutchinson, son of John C. Hutchinson and Sarah A. Williams, married Dollie Audora Victoria Annie Alice Ricketts 12 Sept 1899."Edd and Dollie" were my grandparents. Edd was born in Red River County Texas in 1873.Dollie was born in Boone County Arkansas in 1880, daughter of Isaac Morgan Ricketts and Sarah Jane McDonald.They married in Red River County Texas. This picture was taken ca 1950.
- William Henry Campbell family (38 KB)
This was taken in 1917. Maude was sitting in her Mother's lap.Lucille was sitting in her Daddy's lap. Wife Alice sitting next to William and Thurman and Clarence standing between them.William's Mother Manerva Paralee Burden Campbell in background.
- Sarah Jane McDonald Ricketts, great grandmother (35 KB)
Sarah Jane McDonald Ricketts, and one of her children, Dollie Ricketts Hutchinson, with some of Dollie's children.Also, three children of Dollie's deceased sister, Ida Ricketts Hall. John E. Hutchinson is child in the lap of my great grandmother.Taken in 1911.
- John and Maude Hutchinson (63 KB)
John and Maude Hutchinson
- Griffen Young Campbell and Manervia Paralee Burden (29 KB)
Griffen Young Campbell and wife Manerva Paralee Burden Campbell with some of their family. Griffen was spelled with an e, according to his marker in the Cemetery in Avery, Red River County, Texas and Manervia had an i in her name.
- Della Daniel and Lou Daniel (42 KB)
Della and Lou were daughters of Joe Proctor and July Ann Florence Virginia Ricketts Proctor.
- Alvin Hanna (30 KB)
Alvin Hanna married Fannie Pleasant McCright.
- Effie Giles and Clyde Carter (45 KB)
Effie Giles was a daughter of Jerry Giles.Jerry Giles was father to Susie Giles Mitchell.
- Lelia Catherine (26 KB)
Lelia Catherine was married to Joseph Giles.They had two sons, Reuben Giles and Jeremiah (Jerry) Giles.
- Martha Hill (50 KB)
Martha Hill married John Campbell, parents of Griffin Young Campbell.
- Nicholas Frank Hanna and Roxie Maybelle Garrett (18 KB)
Nicholas Frank Hanna and Roxie Maybelle Garrett and family
- George Ricketts (92 KB)
George Ricketts was a brother to Dollie Ricketts Hutchinson.Isaac M Ricketts and Sarah Jane was his parents.
- Jeremiah Giles (57 KB)
Jeremiah (Jerry) Giles married Ida Walraven.
- Rosa Ella Lummus Ricketts (37 KB)
Rosa was my Daddy's Aunt so we called her Aunt Rosie just like Daddy.Born May 10, 1877 death Oct 23, 1952.
- Roxie Maybelle Garrett Hanna (15 KB)
Roxie Maybelle Garrett Hanna
- James Jasper Pinkmey Ricketts (36 KB)
Our Daddy called him Uncle Jim, so we called him Uncle Jim. Uncle Jim and Aunt Rosie were married August 20, 1899.
- Sally Anna Moore Byrd Kruse (151 KB)
Aunt Anna was my Mother's Aunt, so we called her Aunt Anna.Sally Anna was a sister to my Grandmother Alice Moore Campbell.
- Great Aunt Lillie Campbell marker (185 KB)
Lillie Campbell, never married, but a wonderful care giver to William H Campbell's, (brother), children after their Mother, Alice passed away.
- Alonzo Campbell (191 KB)
Great Uncle Zone Campbell, brother to William H Campbell.Uncle Zone and Aunt Lillie buried beside each otherr.Uncle Zone never married.
- Griffen Y Campbell and Manervia P Burden Campbell (207 KB)
Marker for Griffen Young Campbell and Manervia Paralee Burden Campbell in the Avery, Red River County, Texas Cemetery
- James Hazel Presley and wife Wadie Lenora Clark (171 KB)
James and Wadie were not blood related to us, but they were a part of our family.We loved them very much.
- Aude, O D, John and Rob (21 KB)
Aud Hutchinson, Ozar D Hall, John Hutchinson and Robert Hutchinson.Photo taken in 1968 at Family Reunion at Robert and Clara Hutchinson home in Malta, Bowie County, Texas.
- Thurman Johnnie Lucille Maude and Birdie Campbell (187 KB)
It would be my guess that this picture was taken at their Mother's funeral.Alice Moore Campbell died when these children were this age.
- Bessie, Detta, Vada (24 KB)
Bessie Hutchinson, Detta Hutchinson, Vada Hutchinson
- Louise "Hutchinson"Arnold or WheelerFamily (46 KB)
Louise is daughter of Aud Hutchinson
- Mitchell Brothers and Sisters, ca 1963 (16 KB)
Mitchell brothers and sisters with one or two other family members.Parents of adults are John Baptist Mitchell and Susie Giles Mitchell. Photo graciously shared by Jerri Peek.
- Charlie Hutchinson and Robert Doss Hutchinson (200 KB)
Shared by Robert Doss
- John Baptist Mitchell and Susie Giles (40 KB)
Couple on right is John Baptist Mitchell and Susie Giles.Date unknown.Photo generously shared by Jerri Peek.
- Velma "Cleo" George Turk (13 KB)
Daughter of Tom George and Mary Campbell George
- McCright Brothers and Sisters (29 KB)
McCright Brothers and Sisters
- Clyde Oliver Ricketts, Jr and Cousin (71 KB)
Our Clyde and a found cousin.
- A McCright Reunion (33 KB)
Will identify later
- Felix Levi McCright headstone (129 KB)
Felix Levi McCright(headstone)buried in Sobol Cemetery, between Hugo OK and Idabel OK off of Highway 3.Larry's gr granddaddy, father of Fannie Pleasant McCright.
- Tommie Smith Garrett (48 KB)
Graciously shared by Paul A.
- Mary Etta Cavin McCright (89 KB)
Mary Etta Cavin McCright headstone. Buried beside her husband Felix Levi McCright. Parents of Fannie Pleasant McCright.
- Nina E McCright headstone (122 KB)
Nine E McCright headstone, buried beside her Daddy and Mother in the Sobol Cemetery in Oklahoma.
- Sobol Cemetery Sign in Oklahoma (91 KB)
Sobol Cemetery Overhead sign in Oklahoma