My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Charles Morgan
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Capt. Charles Morgan (b. 28 Sep 1680, d. 22 Sep 1766)Charles Morgan (son of Anthony Morgan and Elizabeth Taylor)68, 68, 69 was born 28 Sep 1680 in N Farnham, Rappahannock, VA, USA/Rappahannock Co., VA70, and died 22 Sep 1766 in Fauquier, VA, USA70.He married (1) Alice Thorton on 1705 in Rappahanock, Va..He married (2) Ann Duncan on 1710 in VA, USA71.
Notes for Charles Morgan:
Married Alice Thorton in 1705 in Rappahannock, VA.
Other marriages: Ann Duncan
Several entries exsist in Richmond Co. about Deeded land to his sons, in Prince William Co. in 1749.
Tyler's Quarterly Vol.25 page 271.
Will:Abstracts of Wills and Marriages of Faquier Co. VA. 1759-1800; Dec.5th 1758; proved on Sep.22, 1766
Probate: Will Book 1 page107 Faquier Co. (W) Dec.5th 1758-(P) Sep. 22. 1766. Lists his 2nd wife Anne and 8 children: Charles, Simon, William, Benjamin, James, John, Alice, and Mary. Alice and Mary may have been children of Ann Duncan.
Ref: Charles Morgan, son of Anthony and Elizabeth (Taylor) Morgan was born Prince William Co.VA. D. 1758 P.W.Co. VA.He married Alice Thorton daughter of William Thorton. Information from Mrs. Leonard LeBlanc.
Ref: Virginia wills & Administration 1632-1800 by Clayton Torrence.
Ref: "Northern Neck Virginia" Copy from WS Foulks ,Jr. listed as child of Anthony.
Ref: "Genealogies of Virginia Families" Anthony of Old Rappahannock Co. Page 708
in 1737 Quit rent rolls for Prince William Co. show that Charles had 650 acres. In 1749 he deeded land to sons Benjamin and James and probably at the same time made similar provisions for sons William, Charles Jr. and Simon. He furnished Supplies for the French Indian Wars.(Boogher's Va. Gleanings pg. 99)
More About Charles Morgan and Alice Thorton:
Marriage: 1705, Rappahanock, Va..
More About Charles Morgan and Ann Duncan:
Marriage: 1710, VA, USA.71
Children of Charles Morgan and Alice Thorton are:
- Benjamin Morgan, b. 1721, Richmond, VA, USA/Richmond Co., VA72, d. 178772.
- James Morgan, b. 1730, King George, VA, USA72, d. 1763, French Indian, War72.
- +John Squire Morgan, b. 1729, King George, VA, USA72, 72, d. 12 Nov 1787, Morgan Fort, Sumner, TN, USA72, 72.
- William Morgan, b. 1719, Richmond, VA, USA72, 73, d. 1797, Stanford, Lincoln, KY, USA74.
- Simon Morgan, b. 1708, Richmond, VA, USA74, d. 1793, Fauquier, VA, USA74, 75.
- +John Morgan, b. 1720, Old Rappahanock, VA, USA76, d. 12 Nov 1787, Morgan Ft.,Sumner,TN..
- Charles Morgan, b. 1710, Richmond, VA., d. 1796.
Children of Charles Morgan and Ann Duncan are:
- Alice Morgan, b. 1716, Old Rappahannock, VA, USA77, d. 1745, Fauquier, VA, USA77.
- Mary Morgan.