The Dennis & Diane Myers Family of Upper St. Clair, PA:Information about Nicholas Day Amos
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Nicholas Day Amos (b. Sep 19, 1742, d. Aug 08, 1813)Nicholas Day Amos (son of Thomas Amos and Elizabeth Day) was born Sep 19, 1742 in Harford Co., MD, and died Aug 08, 1813 in Bourbon Co., KY.He married Christiana Ditto on Oct 29, 1761 in Baltimore Co., MD, daughter of Abraham Ditto and Mary Bowles.
Notes for Nicholas Day Amos:
Rev. War ensign whose name was on a bronze tablet at a Bourbon County Courthouse site honoring Rev. War heroes.
Family of Thomas AMOS (2) & Elizabeth DAY
3. Nicholas Day AMOS.  Born on September 19, 1742 in Joppa Twp., Baltimore, Maryland. Nicholas Day died in Bourbon County, Kentucky on August 8, 1815; he was 72.
Notes for NICHOLAS DAY AMOS: 
Nicholas, with sixteen other Amoses in that county, took the oath of allegiance to the American Colonies in March 1778. He was appointed Ensign in the Militia by the House of Delegates on 9 Apr 1778 and served in the Jarrettsburg Company, much of his duties of the militia being to guard the shore line of Chesapeake Bay.
The family moved to Washington Co., MD, prior to 1790 where he was listed with a family numbering twelve and with two slaves.
It is believed that all the children of Nicholas and Elizabeth moved to Kentucky.
Nicholas and his son Thomas purchased land in Bourbon County near Paris, adjoining where "the Smyth Run empties into the Hinkston", from Abraham Byrd (100 acres), between the early pioneer village of Ruddle's Mills and Millersburg, KY.
On October 29, 1761 when Nicholas Day was 19, he married Christiana DITTO , daughter of Abraham DITTO & Mary BOWLES, in Baltimore, Maryland. Born about 1743 in Baltimore, Maryland. Christiana died in Bourbon County, Kentucky in 1818; she was 75. 
They had the following children:
i. William . Born in 1807.
On October 1, 1803 William married Margaret BENNETT , in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
ii. Bethea .
On October 1, 1803 Bethea married John BARNETT, in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
iii. Christina . Born on October 29, 1761 in Harford, Maryland. Christina died in Bourbon County, Kentucky onAugust 8, 1815; she was 53.
Christina married Elias MALOTT . Born in 1770 in Frederick County, Maryland.
iv. Elizabeth . Born about 1762 in Baltimore, Maryland. Elizabeth died in Bourbon County, Kentucky in 1812;she was 50.
Elizabeth married Aquilla PARKER. Born on November 3, 1755 in Baltimore, Maryland. Aquilla died inBourbon County, Kentucky on December 4, 1843; he was 88.
4 v. Mary (1763-~1840)
5 vi. Thomas (1765-~1830)
vii. Nancy . Born in 1766 in Baltimore, Maryland. Nancy died in 1826; she was 60.
Nancy married William CONAWAY . Born about 1766.
viii. Mordicae . Born in 1769 in Baltimore, Maryland.
Mordicae married Patience SPEARS . Born about 1766.
ix. Nicholas . Born on August 15, 1771 in Baltimore, Maryland. Nicholas died on September 20, 1847; he was76.
On February 19, 1795 when Nicholas was 23, he married Ann JONES . Born on June 28, 1779 in BourbonCounty, Kentucky.
x. Benjamin . Born about 1775 in Harford, Maryland. Benjamin died about 1850; he was 75.
Notes for BENJAMIN AMOS: 
Sources: Betty McDonald Williamson a Descendant of Benjamin Amos. Marriage information is located in theClerk's Office, Bourbon, County, KY.
On August 21, 1797 when Benjamin was 22, he married Elizabeth GRIFFIN . Born in 1775 in Culpeper,Virginia. Elizabeth died in Moniteau, Missiouri about 1850; she was 75. 
xi. Sarah . Born about 1776 in Harford, Maryland.
Sarah married Daniel THOMAS . Born about 1776.
xii. Abraham Ditto . Born about 1776 in Harford, Maryland. Abraham Ditto died in 1819; he was 43.
On March 24, 1810 when Abraham Ditto was 34, he married Mary GARRETSON. 
xiii. Ditto . Born in 1781 in Harford, Maryland.
Ditto married Martha Patsy NEALE . Born in 1785 in Kentucky.
xiv. Elijah . Born about 1782 in Harford, Maryland. Elijah died in 1856; he was 74.
On September 18, 1800 when Elijah was 18, he first married Rebecca NEALE . Born in 1780 in Kentucky.
On June 20, 1840 when Elijah was 58, he second married Cassandra CULLISON . Born about 1782.
More About Nicholas Day Amos and Christiana Ditto:
Marriage: Oct 29, 1761, Baltimore Co., MD.
Children of Nicholas Day Amos and Christiana Ditto are:
- Christiana Amos, b. Oct 29, 1761, Harford Co., MD, d. Aug 08, 1815, Bourbon Co., KY.
- William Amos, b. Bet. 1761 - 1785, d. 1807.
- +Elizabeth Amos, b. 1762, Harford Co., MD, d. Bet. 1812 - 1849, Bourbon Co., KY.
- Bethia Amos, b. Bet. 1762 - 1786, d. Bet. 1808 - 1874.
- +Mary Amos, b. Apr 1763, Harford Co., MD, d. Abt. 1840, Bourbon Co., KY.
- +Thomas Amos, b. Abt. 1765, Harford Co., MD, d. Sep 1830, Bourbon Co., KY.
- +Nancy Amos, b. 1766, Harford Co., MD, d. 1826.
- Mordecai Amos, b. 1769, Harford Co., MD, d. Bet. 1787 - 1860.
- Nicholas Day Amos, Jr., b. Aug 15, 1771, Harford Co., MD, d. Sep 20, 1847.
- +Benjamin Amos, b. 1774, Harford Co., MD, d. Abt. 1850.
- Abraham Ditto Amos, b. Abt. 1776, Harford Co., MD, d. 1819.
- +Ditto Amos, b. 1781, Harford Co., MD, d. Bet. 1833 - 1873.
- Sarah Amos, b. Dec 12, 1781, Harford Co., MD, d. Bet. 1792 - 1870.
- Elijah Amos, b. 1782, Harford Co., MD, d. 1856.