I am researching my family.My maiden name is Trandum but I am looking for Sharp, Howell, Kranenburg, Neal, Wells, Trandum and Griffin.My great grandparents (Charles Edwin Sharp, Sr. and his wife Eliza Miller Howell) lived in Korea from 1901-1918.They were Christian missionaries in Seoul Korea, Asia.I have many photos that were taken while they lived in Korea as well as many letters describing their life and experiences.
I am in the process of typing all the letters -- many of them written by Eliza (my great grandmother).I have quite a bit of information but I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has any information about them.
- Charles E. Sharp Graduating Class 1891 (39 KB)
Charles E. Sharp, Sr.
- Wells Children (12 KB)
These are the children of Mary Hariette Howell Wells and George Wells.
- Korean Missionary Compound in Chai Ryung (54 KB)
- Charles E. Sharp, Jr. (27 KB)
Charles E. Sharp, Jr. died when my mom (Carolyn Sharp Trandum) was four years old.
- Eliza & Charles Sharp Family (19 KB)
Left to Right: Eliza, Charles, James, Elizabeth, Charles Edwin Sharp, Sr.
- James Sharp & grandchildren (44 KB)
Left to Right: James Sharp, Sr., James Sharp, Jr., Grandma Elizabeth Sharp, Charles E. Sharp, Elizabeth Sharp in front
- Helen & Margaret Neal (14 KB)
Helen & Margaret Neal (Twins).These are the children of Helen Philips Howell Neal and Herbert Vincent Neal, PhD.
- Eliza Howell Sharp and her children (15 KB)
This photo was taken in Korea where they lived for 20 years.Charles, Elizabeth & James
- Millie Sharp (25 KB)
Millie Sharp is Charles Edwin Sharp's sister.
- Evelyn Sharp, Nora Griffin & Grandchildren (41 KB)
Back row: Evelyn Sharp, Nora Potts Griffin (Evelyn's mother).Carolyn & David Sharp in front of Evelyn & Judy Griffin in front of Nora.
- Millie Sharp (34 KB)
MIllie Sharp on left.The baby on right is possibly Grace Sharp.
- Charles & Eliza Sharp's Home in Korea (57 KB)
The home where the Sharp family lived while they were in Seoul Korea.
- George Miller Howell (23 KB)
George Miller Howell is Eliza Miller Howell Sharp's father.He lived in Southold, Long Island.
- Charles & Eliza Sharp home inside (62 KB)
Inside their home - Seoul Korea
- Ferdinand Kranenburg (26 KB)
Ferdinand Kranenburg is the husband of Eleanor Howell (Eliza's youngest sister)
- The Sharp Family (23 KB)
Eliza, Elizabeth, Charles, James and Charles, Sr. in front.
- Walt & Theodore Trandum (34 KB)
Walt & Theodore Trandum.Walt is my dad's father.
- Christian Missionaries in Korea (62 KB)
The Presbyterian Mission in front of Severance Memorial Hospital, Seoul Korea.Charles Edwin Sharp, Sr. is in the back row - 2nd from left.
- Koreans proclaiming their independence (30 KB)
Koreans proclaming their independence in Seoul Korea.