Alvin and Elsie Taylor Hill FamilyUpdated November 14, 2012
I first want to thank everyone who has shared information with me over the years, making this page possible.Next I want to dedicate this page to my father, Alvin Hill, my mother, Elsie Taylor Hill and my brother, Jimmie Hill.My father died in 1993 but my mother and brother both died in 2003.Jimmie, was not only my brother and my genealogy buddy but also my friend.He died suddenly due to a heart attack on August 4, 2003.My mother, Elsie, had been battling Alzheimer's Disease for years but became ill with pneumonia in September, 2003.This started a six week battle with pneumonia, pulmonary embolism and eventually a stroke that took her life on October 30, 2003.I will forever love and miss them all.
I am continuing my research into the Hill, Parker, Taylor, Lamb and Hale families.Other family names that have become a part of the research includes Keith, Smithey, Vandergriff and Bost families.I would appreciate any help you can give me and will be glad to share what additional information I have.
Debora Hill Nichols
GEDCOM Trees(viewing trees requires 4.0 or later)
- Alvin Matthew and Elsie Mae Taylor Hill (27 KB)
My parents, Alvin and Elsie Hill, celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary, March 5, 1988.
- Alvin Hill Family (37 KB)
Alvin and Elsie Taylor Hill family at 50th Wedding Anniversary, March 5, 1988.
- John Hill (30 KB)
Father of Alvin Matthew Hill. (My grandfather)
- Alvin and Elsie Hill and children. (32 KB)
Alvin and Elsie Hill at 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration.March 5, 1988
- Catherine Parker Hambrick and Margaret Irene Bost (51 KB)
Catherine Lucetta Parker Bost Hill Hankton Hambrick and daughter, Margaret Irene Bost (my paternal grandmother and aunt).Catherine is the daughter of Matthew Monroe and Lucetta Vandergriff Parker.
- Hubert "Hugh" Taylor (20 KB)
My maternal grandfather, Hugh Taylor.Son of John and Mattie Taylor.
- Conway Hazelwood Bost "Hazel" (12 KB)
Hazel Bost was my father's half brother.The son of Catherine Parker Bost and James "Jim" Bost.
- Mollie Hale Lamb and sister Louiza Hale Boles (171 KB)
My great grandmother Mary Pamilla Catherine "Mollie" Hale Lamb Benson Sanderson and her sister, Louiza Candace Hale Boles.
- John and Mattie Taylor with children (25 KB)
John and Mattie are my mother's grandparents. Children shown are Dave and Rosie Taylor.
- Eliga "Lige" Parker and family (27 KB)
Lige was the son of Matthew Monroe and Lucetta Vandergriff Parker.In uniform is Lonzon Parker, his son.
- Eugene Taylor (19 KB)
My mother's youngest brother.
- Charlie and Belle Hale (430 KB)
I do not know the relation of these individuals to the family.
- John, Will and Mattie Taylor (33 KB)
My maternal great grandparents with their son, Will.
- Margaret Bost, Alvin Hill, Hazel and Johnny Bost (37 KB)
In rear is Margaret Bost, Front (L-R)Alvin M. Hill, Conway "Hazel" Bost and Johnny Bost.Margaret, Hazel and Johnny were my father's half sister and half brothers.
- Denny Hale (62 KB)
This is my maternal grandmother's father.
- Margaret Irene Bost (51 KB)
Margaret was my father's half sister.
- John David "Nappy" Taylor (14 KB)
"Nappy" Taylor was my mother's paternal great grandfather. He was wounded in the Civil War at Manassas.
- Elsie Mae Taylor Hill (15 KB)
My mother, Elsie Hill, daughter of Hubert "Hugh" Taylor and Mary Gay Lamb Taylor Howell.
- James Herbert Taylor (71 KB)
My mother's oldest brother.
- Matthew Monore & Lucetta Vandergriff Parker Family (17 KB)
Front (L-R) is my father's mother, Catherine Parker Bost holding Johnny Bost and Margaret Bost, her daughter, beside her.
- Melzina Bodine Taylor (70 KB)
My mother's sister-in-law. She was married to James Herbert Taylor.
- William Albert and Geneva Putman Taylor (29 KB)
Brother and sister-in-law of my mother.
- Leo Alfred and Elnora Beard Taylor with son Billy (70 KB)
Leo was my mother's brother.
- John William Lamb Family (34 KB)
My mother's maternal grandparents' family.John William and Mary "Mollie" Pamilla Catherine Hale Lamb with their children, Lula, Mary, Daisy and Nellie in Mollie's lap and John's sister in back, Mary Ida Lamb Hatfield.
- Raymond and Doris Spray Taylor (33 KB)
Raymond was my mother's brother.
- Thomas Winfred Taylor (25 KB)
My mother's brother. He served in WWII where he received the bronze star for bravery and he served in the Korean War. He spent over 20 years in the Army.
- Thomas Methvin Family Report (226 KB)
This is my mother's family.This is a history of her mother's father's family.
- Parker Family Report (77 KB)
This is the family report of my paternal grandmother, Catherine Lucetta Parker Bost Hill Hambrick
- Smithey Family Report (314 KB)
This is my maternal great great grandmother, Nancy Smithey's, family report.