Ancestors and Descendants of Donna Jean Burden:Information about John Beesley
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Beesley (b. 1685, d. Abt. 1755)John Beesley (son of John Beesley?) was born 1685 in Beesley Island, Craven Co., NC, and died Abt. 1755 in Beesley Island, Craven Co., NC.He married Sarah Joann Cagwell Jenkins on Abt. 1705 in North Carolina.
Notes for John Beesley:
John Beasley (Beesley) was granted a patent on April 20, 1745, for 200 acres on the north side of the Neuse River in Craven Co., NC.This is "Beesley's Island."See Patent Book 5, Records of Craven Co., NC Archives, Raleigh, NC.
By the way, Craven County (formerly called Albemarle Sound area) was formed in 1705 from the Archdale Precinct of Bath County.At that time, it encompassed all of the land south of the Pamlico (Pamtecough) River and north of the New River.Today, this total area is occupied by Craven, Pamlico, Jones, and the south portion of Beaufort Counties.
According to Eloise Howard a J. Beasley was given a land grant in 1685 by Frances Wells from one of the original Lords Proprietors, the earl of Craven.
More About John Beesley and Sarah Joann Cagwell Jenkins:
Marriage: Abt. 1705, North Carolina.
Children of John Beesley and Sarah Joann Cagwell Jenkins are:
- +Solomon Beesley, Sr., b. Abt. 1707, Beesley Island, Craven Co., NC, d. November 13, 1789, Beesley Island, Craven Co., NC.
- Oxford Beesley, b. Abt. 1710, d. date unknown.
- William Beesley, b. Abt. 1712, Craven Co., NC, d. 1791, Currituck Co., NC.
- Simon Beesley, b. Abt. 1715, d. date unknown.
- Winnifred Beesley, b. Abt. 1718, d. date unknown.
- Vienna Beesley, b. Abt. 1721, d. date unknown.
- Charles Beesley, b. Abt. 1738, d. date unknown.