Four Families Through Georgia:Information about Josiah W. Blackwell
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Josiah W. Blackwell (b. April 06, 1836, d. June 11, 1902)
|Josiah W. & Angeline|
Josiah W. Blackwell (son of Starling Willis Blackwell and Lucy Seay)245 was born April 06, 1836 in Spartanburg District, SC, USA245, and died June 11, 1902 in White County, Georgia, USA245.He married Angeline Hardie on April 07, 1859 in Hall County Georgia, USA246, daughter of James Hardie and Susannah Brock.
Notes for Josiah W. Blackwell:
Josiah W. Blackwell was the first rural mail carrier in Dip, Georgia.The name "Dip" was changed to Clermont about 1900.A picture of Josiah Blackwell on a horse as postman can be seen at the Gainesville, GA museum.
Josiah's picture was taken in front of the Dip post office.This old house has been restored as the old post office in Clermont.
More About Josiah W. Blackwell:
Burial: Unknown, Dewberry Baptist Church #2, Hall County, Georgia.247
More About Josiah W. Blackwell and Angeline Hardie:
Marriage: April 07, 1859, Hall County Georgia, USA.248
Children of Josiah W. Blackwell and Angeline Hardie are:
- +Mary Susannah Blackwell, b. July 04, 1860, Hall County Georgia, USA249, d. March 11, 1917249.
- +Young Starling Blackwell, b. October 02, 1863, Hall County Georgia, USA249, d. July 15, 1948, Hall County Georgia, USA249.
- +Reuben Lee Blackwell, b. April 18, 1868, Hall County Georgia, USA249, d. February 09, 1954, Calhoun, Gordon County, Georgia, USA250.
- +James Dillard Blackwell, b. December 15, 1871251, d. May 15, 1956251.
- +Dempsey Joroyal Blackwell, b. June 06, 1874251, d. December 22, 1952.
- +Margaret Cynthia Blackwell, b. August 16, 1876251, d. April 20, 1951251.
- +John Sanford Blackwell, b. May 02, 1878251, d. January 01, 1953251.